Friday, October 24, 2008

Sleepy Hollow (My First Contest Entry)




This card was inspired by an old root I found on a walk. It reminded me of the scary tree in Sleepy Hollow so I took it home and made this card. The background paper is actually text from the book which I distressed and highlighted some of the words. The full moon is cut twice and popped using Accent Essentials. I used Storybook to cut the window for the diorama and sprayed the cardstock with black gold glimmer mist. The side panels were cuttled with distressed stripes to make it look like bark and the antique gold metallic letters are from M's. I added a scary pumpkin brad and the off cuts from the Martha Stewart bat border punch. Because they were too small to pop dot I fashioned wire in a sort of flight pattern and adhered them back to back. I thought this card would be fun to enter in the Halloween card contest on SistahKiki's blog and I WON!!!!!!! For my prize I chose the Haunting Halloween stamp set from Stampin'Up. ( because of the kitty) WooHoo! Thank you so much Kimberly and all who voted for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Donna This is amazing!!!
    I only just realised you have a blog so I will add you to mine now.
    Your work is so inspiring
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!