Monday, June 18, 2018

New Challenge at Aurora Wings


A brand new challenge starts today at Aurora Wings with the fabulous theme of



(Inspired by a Fairy Tale.)  I've chosen The fairy tale Cinderella and used the gorgeous Rococo Cinderella available HERE on AuroraWings.com and HERE on Etsy.  The Disney version we've all come to know and love was based on the original version by Charles Perrault (aka Mother Goose) but the Brothers Grimm had their own version later, as well, and I read some interesting facts about their version HERE. YIKES!



It took me a good while to color this flipped, enlarged and cropped version of Rococo Cinderella.  As you can see here, I printed it pretty big, planning to use a new dimensional frame die that I finally decided was more than I could handle without some practice.  I truly appreciate that Mitzi allows for a lot of creative interpretation when using her images.  This is the third time I've colored a version of this digi.  In this version, you can clearly see and enjoy the amazing detail Mitzi puts into her images.  You can see my other projects HERE and with the full background HERE.  Yup!  Same color scheme.  What can I say?  I'm a traditionalist.  LOL



Here's a closeup of the finished colored version, but not the first attempt.  This image is actually a full body view, so when I enlarged it to this size, it did not lose any resolution, but the outline enlarged as well making the black lines a bit bolder than I wanted, so I opted for a "no lines" version by changing the image color to a lighter gray before printing.

This is one of my first attempt as "no lines" so it took quite awhile to color with my Copics.  The lighter gray made some of the details fade and I made a  mistake by originally outlining her eyes with a black Memento pen, as I was afraid I would not be able to do as fine a line as needed with my Copics.  OMG! How harsh it was compared to the rest of the coloring!  I'd already spent hours on the skin and hair and was about to chuck it all and start over, but instead printed that portion of her face in a bit darker gray, recolored and fussy cut just the eyes and glued them over the offending mistake.  Crisis averted!  YAY!



Here's the dimensional view. I had a bit of a panic attack fussy cutting the image after all that work, but I managed. I used the largest of the Spellbinders Grand Labels One and it's fancy frame counterpart as the base for this project.  The DP is from the DCWV Luxury Stack.  The Dream sentiment is from Elizabeth Craft and clockworks behind and carriage are by Joy Crafts.  This really is too large to be a card, so I'm calling it a home decor piece.  I'll either attach an easel back to stand on a desk or shelf for inspiration or add a ribbon for hanging.  I'll decide another day.  Be sure to check out the AWCB to see the fabulous inspiration from my Aurora Team sisters and come play along.


Here's how to keep up with all that's happening at Aurora Wings.

Aurora Wings Challenge Blog (current challenge runs through July 14th)

16 comments:

  1. Great shape of card and a lovely background and a super image. Thank you for joining our 'Use two or more dies' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so striking, Donna! I've seen all three versions of this image by you, and I, for one, am not complaining about the color palette. It works and it's gorgeous! Love seeing this digi cropped like this, too, as you're still left with so much detail. The clock and pretty carriage die cuts are all you need for Cinderella. Brilliant! Thank you so much for this breathtaking inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings, Donna! Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
    this is jaw dropping, gob smacking, stunningly gorgeous. You have coloured her to perfection. What a great job. Beautiful work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

     

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back again, and again, stunning work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

     

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty here! Great die cut embellishment with her! Just lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the shading and colour in your card is gorgeous! (calling by to say thanks so much for your lovely message after we lost our beautiful Blackie. Heartfelt thanks for your comforting words it really made a difference xx)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is GORGEOUS and I love the die and framing you have used, your colouring as always is AWESOME.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Donna your colouring is breathtaking. Your design is stunning too.
    Glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna! This is one of the prettiest cards I have laid my eyes on. I love the frame and the coloring on the Cinderella, is mindblowing! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow gorgeousThank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card!Thanks for joining in Colouring in Scrapland,good luck!(Marisol DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Get Creative Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation Donna, love the shades of blue. Wonderful layout. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!