Monday, August 4, 2014

Macabre Monday Deja-Vu Doo Week Deux


Ok, Halloween fans, it's week two of our Deja-Vu Doo Challenge at HDH and we only have a few brave souls who have taken the challenge so I'll spell it out for you again.

The idea for this theme is to reuse a previous image, technique, paper, etc...that you have used recently, but in a new wayIt will be necessary to explain your reused object or idea, in your blog post.

I've used a MS paper mache skull half and covered it with metal tape that I embossed with the TH Riveted Metal folder, then antiqued it with some Spanish Copper Rub'n Buff.  It's mounted on black card stock embossed with the Cuttlebug Gears folder, also enhance with Rub'nBuff, this time Silver Leaf.  The little metal plaque plaque (TH) says "possibility begins with the imagination" and is bordered by cogs to further enhance the Steampunk feel (BTW, I used this same one when transforming my Grandpa's bowler).  I've stuck the whole concoction on a soon to be Art Journal before realizing how terribly inconvenient a big honkin' skull will be on the cover when I go to actually use it.  Oh well, you all know how often I do AJ pages, eh?


Previous project made with MS paper mache skull halves using a technique from Andy Skinner's Book of Ruination class.  Not so hard...SEE?  More deets on this one HERE (in case you missed it.)  Be sure to stop by HDH to see the rest of the Minions inspired makes (scroll down to see Week 1) and and put on your thinking caps and some play with us!

I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday ATG Challenge, and the Punk You Girl August ATG.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant work, Donna! Well, except for the awkward skull on the front of your journal.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is really cool :) thank you for playing along with us at SImon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome as always love your work thanks for joining in at Punk You Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love everything about it!

    Thank you for joining us at PunkYouGirl for our Anything Goes challenge, I hope you can join us again for our new What Creeps Under The Sea challenge!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!