WooHoo! The Minions of Haunted Design House have crawled back out of the dungeon for another year of creepy goodness, and in honor of our newest victim (I mean Minion Sister Monique) our challenge is FRESH BLOOD. The interpretation is a bit up for grabs. You may choose to do something totally new to you, or go the more literal vampish route as I did.
I chose to alter a bottle which started out like this. (Conveniently, I had to empty the entire contents before continuing (hic!). That writing proved to be pretty stubborn and after trying all kinds of solutions that didn't make a dent, I resorted to scraping it off with the blade of a scissors. Amazing it didn't even begin to scratch the surface of that glaze, either.
Now here's where I wish I'd taken progress pix because I went through a bit of a rigamorole with the next step. I've been wanting to try image transfer as in Minion Bro Mark's Tut HERE. I used the Nosferatu Digi Image by Rick St. Dennis (which unfortunately seems to be NLA) flipped and printed it onto regular copy paper. I cut the image out with a Nestie's Oval and used Matte Medium on both the bottle surface and the printed side of the image, adhered it to the bottle, smoothing out all bubbles, etc. and let it dry over night. (Sorry about the pic. Couldn't seem to get one without glare no matter where I took it) when I went to wet the paper and began to rub the top layer away, I noticed that it ALL rubbed easily off the bottle and I was afraid I would lose my image totally so I took a craft knife and cut down to the bottle through the paper and removed everything but the printed image. Then I VERY CAREFULLY began to rub what was left over the image. As I did this in stages, I'd blot the image periodically and could see the white haze that was left over the image from the paper. I'd wet it again and start to rub, but noticed the haze disappeared when it was wet. HHHmm.... When it dried again with the haze I was just about to rub it all off and start over when I decided to paint over the image with Gloss ModPodge and the haze disappeared. Mark mentioned this in his tut but I sort of glossed over that point. would have saved me a panic attack had I read more carefully. LOL A few more coats and I was good to go. Fortunately I had stickers for the rest of the bottle and, with a little help from a friend (thanks, Sweetie!), came up with a name for this special vintage.
The vintage label was cut with my Bat Nesties (Thanks, Glo!) out of Fun Foam and adhered at the wings tips around the bottle neck. Not pleased with the etching of the date but nothing wanted to write on that foam and all the stickers and number dies I had were too big, so it is what it is. The blood drips were done with a hot glue gun and painted with nail poish and the bloody gums are dimensional glue dots stuffed in the open part of the plastic vamp teeth and also glazed with polish. It felt so good getting my creep on again. Hope you come join us again in the dungeon. Our challenges will run for 2 weeks like last year and just a reminder that this is WEEK 2. Please be sure to check out the fab Offering from WEEK 1 HERE (if you haven't already) as well.
I'm also entering this in the Left of Center Scary Stories (Diary of a Vampire) challenge and Simon Says Monday "A" is for...Altered (Bottle).