Friday, May 4, 2012

Dilly Beans Texture Challenge

 This week at Dilly Beans we were asked to use texture.  I made a tag using the smallest of my Nesties Grand Labels Four and cutting it out of glitter CS from Me&My Big Ideas.  The smaller mat behind is the largest of the regular Labels Four, embossed with the Tim Holtz sheet music folder.  The adorable Dilly Beans image is Amalia Ballerina.  Isn't she just precious?

She's colored with Copics, and then I challenged myself to see how many more textures I could come up with.  First I wanted to flock her hair.  I'd printed her several times in case I wanted to decoupage parts of her, so I fussy cut only her hair and ran it right side up through my Xyron, poured on the flock and glued it to the image.  Then I added the flowers with another fussy cut layer (so you could see the leaves) and finally the hand cut rolled felt flowers.  I messed around with several ideas for her tutu, including trying loopy stitches with embroidery floss, but finally decided tulle was the ticket.  A gingham bow hides the gathering.  A fluffy feather was the final touch.  tickle, tickle!  :D
The dance stamp is from an ancient set called Rubber Stamp Poet by All Night Media.  I bought it as a gift for someone way before I ever started paper crafting and picked up one for myself as well.  ust have had a premonition.  LOL  I think dance is the only word I've ever used from it though.  It's cut and backed by Nesties as well.  Lots of dimension going on here and isn't it all sweet and girly?    And lots and lots of PINK so I'm adding it to the Divas By Design and Stampavie and More Challenges who both ask for Monochromatic and the Charisma Cardz Pink and Black challenge because although there's not a ton, her hair couldn't get any blacker than that. (do ya think?) 

There's tons more inspiration from my Dilly Beans sisters at the Challenge and Designers blog so we'd love to see you and what you come up with for our touchy feely challenge.  And for once, I'm not last minute on any of the other challenges I'm entering so be sure to stop over and see them too.

14 comments:

  1. Tickle, tickle, indeed! So cute and soft and tactile! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes that is a sweet image and love how you have detailed it to the 9s and made it the sweetest! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - this is so, so, so, SO cute. I love the cards and things you make Donna. Awesomely creative. This is just adorable.... and I don't DO pink LoL xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, cute, cute! Love all the textures you used! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so cute.... It's like she is going to break into a ballet at any moment in time. Love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you jump inside my daughter's head!? This is everything she loves, pretty and cute and just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This us just ADORABLE! I love alll the elements you added - it is just a super sweet tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, wow, this is just so sweet...love the designs of your cards..♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww this is SOOO cute! Love the image and the little feather too!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week,best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one cute tag, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just as sweet as can be. I love it, all that yummy pink and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! thanks so much for joining us at charisma this week! we hope to see you again! good luck! Carlyann xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. That black hair and the ribbon flowers and bow, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, this is indeed precious!!! I so appreciate all the great descriptions you have given us about the detail you added! That felt flower is absolutely gorgeous and genius too! I am sooooo happy to read your flocking tip. Never thought to use my Xyron for the adhesive! I wanted to use flocking on my project too, but didn't want to mess with glue so now I have a tip for the future! Thanks a bunch! I love everything about this card. All the textures you used are AMAZING!!! So happy to be designing with you again this month (hopefully longer). ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (DillyB. Guest Designer & follower)
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!