Monday, April 9, 2012

Macabre Monday Homage to Hitchcock

Good morning all. Hope you had a lovely holiday. We had a fabulous Easter dinner at Auberge du Soleil but I have to admit I'm feeling a bit like Zombie Bunny from my Dilly Beans post on Friday. So much for cuddly bunnies and Easter frills. It's time to get your creep on again with Macabre Monday's Homage to Hitchcock at Haunted Design House. No contest here as to which movie I'd honor. My all time FAVORITE Hitchcock movie is The Birds. I remember it scaring the bejesus out of me back in gradeschool, and the grotesque image of pecked out eyes stays with me to this day. I even still get a little nervous when I see a large flock perched on the phone wires. EEEKKK!!!! I'm afraid the card style looks a bit familiar, but it seems to have served me well on a number of occasions at HDH so back it comes. The stamped images are all Tim Holtz with the large bird being heat embossed atop the blood spatter and cut with Nesties Deckle Rectangles. Even the MS birds on a wire punch look sinister with Drippy Goo falling from their little feet. The sentiment is computer generated.


And BTW, recognize this? It's the very school house from the movie. We're not too far from Bodega Bay when we visit Nick's Cove so last time I insisted we take a little side trip to relive the horror...nice! but not a killer bird in the sky...sigh... The Minions have additional thrills so be sure to check them out HERE and don't forget Wretched Wednesday when Creepy Glo struts her stuff. Also, if you've ever dreamed of becoming a Minion, a DT call is up through April 20 HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Love your card it so rocks. That pic is fab of the house from the movie but it looks so not terrifying hmm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card hun, love that old house, very spooky looking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def on my list of favs from Donna, how can so scary be so beautiful, I guess there is no order of difficulty when you put em together, yep, great one indeed! Hope you re-coup fully, quickly, gently, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Birds, I must have watched it a gazillioin times, scared out of my wits each time. I love this card to honor ole Alfred.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, perfect card to honor Alfred. I remember watching the movie too, and like you scared to death! LOL, and you actually visited the house, how cool is that. I am so glad there were no birds lingering around. Fab job on the card my friend. Talk to you later.

    Hugz, xoxo
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Donna, I remember watching that movie when I was quite young and thought it was the scariest thing ever! LOL on the sentiment! With my string of bad luck lately, I'm surprised I didn't have birds crapping on my head! Your in flight birds look like the mysterious flock that I can't seem to get rid of in my blog header. WTH? Creepy....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I love the blood splatter on the main image - it all goes so well together.

    Sadly, I don't think I've ever seen a Hitchcock film... crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna ~ OH my this is too scary! First the card is PERFECT! LOVE it! But I so remember the movie and TOTALLY get freaked out at birds because of it! I rarely use birds on my projects, if ever, because of that movie! Oh how neat you got to see the school house! Sorta makes me want to scare myself and watch that movie now! hmmm! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!