This week at Bah! Humbug! the girls asked us to use vellum. I was sure I had vellum somewhere, but all I could find was the colored pack I've been using for my haunted house windows. For some reason I was fixated on embossing it. I tried the red in the pack and it really didn't show up so I trucked to my LSS and came home with 2 weights of white vellum and some sort of mottled stuff that I figured could look like snow if worse came to worse. I tried embossing the thinner stuff because I wanted whatever was behind it to show through but I wasn't satisfied. I messed around a bit with the other white stuff and finally I went back to the colored pack and tried the chartreuse shade. I used the gorgeous Cuttlebug wreath folder and was pleased to see that by matting it with a darker card stock it subdued the color somewhat and brought out the embossing.
It looked a little dull so I colored the poinsettias in with my metallic gel pens and added lighter pink adhesive pearls. I used brads to attach the vellum to the mat and used my Copics to change the bright green to a shade or two darkerto match the mat. I found card stock that matched the color the vellum looked after matting to make the card. To add a bit more pizazz I matted again in hot pink foil board. Did the same for the sentiment which is a peelie that I colored with my Bic permanent markers (Copics didn't work here) to match. I'm glad I stuck with it because I kinda like how it turned out.
I apologize to all of my fave blogs I've been missing lately. Lots going on including a refi so my commenting has been sporadic at best. I'll try to do better but I'm barely keeping up with my DT stuff (sorry about missing BBTB2 this week) and I haven't even started decorating for Halloween. YIKES!