Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has Sprung BBTB Challenge















Happy Monday! Is everybody out there feeling Springy? This week at Bitten by the Bug Regina chose the "Spring" cut from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I made a shaped card by welding my sentiment in Design Studio using my choice of the required cut and letters from All Mixed Up to some tulips and daffodils from Walk in my Garden and grass from Zooballoo. This shaped front was then welded to a rounded rectangle from George. I highlighted the letters with my fave adhesive pearls and cuttled the grass for texture with the forest branches folder. Of course there were several layers to pop for dimension and the darling Queen & Co. garden brads finished it off. the little butterfly and bee are on springs I made by winding 26 guage wire around a wooden skewer. Be sure to stop by Bitten by the Bug to see how my Design Team sisters rocked this challenge and I hope you'll be inspired to play along.
Hey, and don't forget my BLOG CANDY. Click HERE if you haven't already entered. the drawin will be held on April 1st.

20 comments:

  1. Yippee I am the 1st to comment....
    Gorgeous card Donna and how clever and creative of you to use the wire for 'Spring'.
    Very clever and cute
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend, you rocked this challenge! I love all the little added details you used, this card is setting the stage for a wonderful spring season. Super cute. TFS

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Donna this is amazing,i just love how you layer up your gorgeous cards and put so much detail on them. Hugs T x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am so going to play more with design studio! You are seriously the DS Queen! and you have really made me want to play with it more now and learn it better.

    Love your card right up to the little spring on the top...genius!

    Have a super week girlie!

    Hugs,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very "springy"!!! FANTASTIC!!! love all about it, all the tiny pears and the springs are too perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Donna, love the dimension and as you know, I am a sucker for pearls.
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you indeed have the spring bug and it graciously bit you with a handful of creativity, this is gorgeous. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great card......I just love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, this is stunning! Every one of your projects tells a story and this one declares that spring has sprung!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what can I say, but wow... this is sooo cute.. I always love your designs... all the detail - love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Speechless! Well not really lol! Donna so many layers and gorgeous gorgeous detail! I don't know where to start except to say I've enlarged your images to look at this about 10 times so far and see more detail each time!! What a wonderful wonderful creation! I love it!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is a card with many layers, one fabulous layer after another. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this put a big, fat, much-needed smile on my face! Fantastic job on all the layers and welding... and the springs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely precious card, Donna. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all in the details! WOW! Another fantastically tactiled card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness!! Springy bees and butterflies?! Too fabulous! And I can't even imagine the time it took to put on all those pearls!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these are super gorgeous. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo Oooo Oooo... SO LOVE THIS!!!
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!