Thursday, January 1, 2009

BBTB Mini Monograms Circle Dot Challenge



Well this was a fun one! This week over at Bitten By the Bug Regina chose either the circle or square dot cut from Mini Monograms. Dear Leah loaned me her cartridge so I could play along. The cut reminded me of some funky Scenic route paper I had with all sorts of wheels and cogs so I cut and punched a bunch of coordinating circles and some cogs from the Accent Essentials cartridge and popped them with both 1/8" and 1/16" dots for dimension in a sort of kattywhompus way. The whole thing reminded me of my Daddy who was a mechanical engineer but preferred to be called an "inventor". He was so proud of his 62 patents (including the conveyor belts for the first moving sidewalks in airports) and was always drawing or cooking up something in his mind so I cut the arrow and "imagine" from Graphically Speaking and I dedicate this card to him. I wish he were still around because I know he would have gotten a kick out of it. Be sure to check out what the fabulous BBTB design team did with this challenge.

Happy New Year Everybody!

9 comments:

  1. You are so creative Donna. I am sure your Dad would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous card! So fun and creative! I love it!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, what an AWESOME, AWESOME tribute to your Dad!!! I love your take on the challenge! But of course, I ALWAYS love your take on the challenges! You're so talented!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word this is stunning...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the card so colorful
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super job on the challenge! Love the wheel look! Super color combo as well!

    I look forward to seeing your other cards this month...thanks so much for joining in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card so much it is super funky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm loving this! You might see me copying it soon! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, you did a perfect job at the challenge...THANKS for joining in!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!