Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Cherries, Caardvarks Dot challenge and Day 27




I was extremely motivated to get caught up on Jen's card a day challenge so I went back to my new Hello Kitty cartridge and started playing with the cherries again. Although there is a card feature for the cherries on the cartridge, it is not using the shadow feature so the actual writing part inside is VERY small. To remedy that I designed my own using Design Studio and the shadow feature so I'd have plenty of space. The weird thing about this cartridge is the sizing of the shadow is much larger than the regular cut so the card is welded at 4" but the actual cherry parts are cut at 4 1/2". Also there was still enough room for a second shadow (the black and white polka dot) so I tweaked a 3 3/4" shadow to fit appropriately. Of course I chalked, doodled and popped the cherries (oooh, that didn't quite sound right LOL) and added a gingham bow. I love how bright and cheery it turned out. We're on the home stretch of this January challenge and I again thank Jen for giving me the motivation to keep going. Thanks also for reminding of the polka dot challenge over at Caardvarks. I'm there! Be sure and stop by her BLOG and say Hi. Whew! I'm gonna need a vacation when this is done but there are some new and exciting things for me in the works in February so I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Donna! Love the polka dots just perfect with those cherries!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you got the cherry cut.... OOOOOHHHH, I can't wait for my Hello Kitty to arrive!!!

    I love those cherries~~~!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!!! This is sooooooo ADORABLE Donna!!!! I LOVE those cherries!!!!! AWESOME card girlie!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is to die for CUTE! Hey I was going to say since you used polka dots you should enter this in the caardvarks challenge (since it's polka dots :))

    Oh what are we going to do with all of our extra time?!? LOL just a few more days...can you believe it!

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh too CUTE Donna!! I love those cherries and I haven't even tried them YET! YIKES! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I LOVE IT!!! Those papers are so darn pretty! That cart does have BIG shadows. It's all keeping with the original Hello Kitty design. I have tons of HK stickers, coloring books, etc. (well, not me, but Bella does!) and that's how they are all designed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness Donna! This might even be cuter than the last Cherry card! You rocked both the cherries AND the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I ever get my new work area done so I have a nice space for my Cricut, the first thing I must do is say Hello to Kitty! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!