Tuesday, January 13, 2009

BBTB Snail Challenge and #12 of Card a Day







Hmmmm, it's a lttle after 3 a.m. and here I am posting yesterday's card for Jen's Card a Day Challenge. This one's only a few hours late so I'm getting closer. Woke up and just couldn't go back to sleep 'til it was done. LOL Do you think I'm taking this too seriously? Anyway, this week's challenge at BBTB is to use the snail from A Walk in my Garden. Ain't she sweet? Had a ball dolling her up with prima flowers and skittles and I just LOVE her googly eye complete with eye lashes. The butterfly that is hitching a ride is a Marthat Stewart punch. I originally designed this shape card with just the leaf until I realized it wouldn't stand up that way so I welded some grass from Zooballoo to the bottom and that did the trick. That leaf is also from WIMG and I chose it because I thought the holes made it look like she was munching on it but as I look at it now it looks more like a big green football. Do love the texture from my Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and the twig folder on the grass though. Scrapping pads were 50% off last week at M's so I filled my cart. These fun patterns are from Making Memories and Me & My Big Ideas. Be sure to stop by Bitten by the Bug and see the design team's amazing creations (including Jen's) and stop by Jen's Blog to see what else she's been cooking up.

13 comments:

  1. Donna, another fantastic card! How cute is this??!! And where on earth did you get that wiggly eye? I MUST have some! LOVE how you did the grass! Perhaps we should start a Vampire's Card Club, whadya think? I don't know about you, but I am definitely more creative at 3:00 AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this card is fantastic. All the little details.....WOW! And I love the colors. Where did that eye come from????? Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! The colors, layers, and textures are all dreamy! Everytime I visit your blog I want to grab my bug and start a new project! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Donna, what a cute and adorable little snail card....you rock girlie!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this very very cute love the eyes
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY, why, why - are you not on the BBTB design team??? Your designs are AMAZING!!!! I love your snail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh donna this is the best!!!!!! ya know i thought the leaf was a mushroom i was scrambling like a mad woman looking thru my booklets for a shroom! lol i love all of your work but ok THIS is my absolute fave! oh how i wish you lived next door to me! hugs shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so know what its like to be up until the wee hours because of a project I feel I must finish! It paid off though, this is darling! I love the lashy google eye!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Donna, girl you are so talented! I LOVE this adorable little snail card! Hey, can you email me please? caudle95@sbcglobal.net hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, love love it... you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna
    What a fab fab card and I love those eyelashes!! I've left you a little something on my blog!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER job on the BBTB challenge! you did an amazing job with your little snail...adorable!

    and I am LOL at you...up till 3am...you are starting to sound like me...what will we ever do when this month is over?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my word you are simply amazing...hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!