Sunday, January 18, 2009

Butterfly Kisses Day 17







Oops, another late post for Jen's card a day challenge. Had a great day crafting yesterday with my friend Leah (BeeCherryLady on the Cricut mb) but as usual we spent much of the day chatting so I had to do a quickie. Don't you just love it when the paper does most of the work? I was like a kid in a candy store last week at M's with their paper pads at 50% off. I loved this Me & My Big Ideas paper so much I bought it in both the 12x12 AND the 8x8 sizes. I also scored on these cute metallic adhesive words in the $bin and a card was born. I chose a corner of the paper with the pretty flowers and hand cut another flower from the page and popped it for dimension. Then I used my Cuttlebug butterfly die/emboss combo for the butterfly. I cut it twice, embossed the top layer and adhered it only in the middle so the wings would fly, then added some silver adhesive beads to the body to echoe the metallic sentiment. The pink metallic heart dotting the "i" is from J's. Corners are from the Jasmine Cricut cartridge that I cuttled with Swiss dots. The inside was a convenient scrap to which I added 2 more corners and a tiny butterfly from a Martha Stewart punch. Sorry the pix aren't so great. The sun was really shining through the window causing shadows. Be sure to stop by Jen's blog to see all of the wonderful things she's creating. Just click HERE.

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the paper, colors and 3-dimensions! The inside treatment is a wonderful finishing touch. One of you best, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Donna! I really love those papers...score!

    Have a great weekend!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it Donna... you are going and going and still manage to create another beautiful card...

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Donna!! I don't know how you had the time with your busy weekend! Gorgeous gorgeous card!

    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another simply stunning card as always.

    I have passed on the Encouraged Award to you as you are such an inspiration. Pop over to my blog so you can pick it up!!

    Hugs,

    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew...you're making me tired! LOL! You're doing so fantastic keeping up with Jen! This is beautiful!!! k

    ReplyDelete
  7. just beautiful as always
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa!! This is so PRETTY!!! Wonderful card...so sweet!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Donna! Love how you popped the one flower out...it really makes the card pop! super job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Butterfly Kisses card! I feel inspired by your cards. Thank you for sharing with us!
    P.S. The shadows show it must have been a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, I love those funky pink and orange flowers! Another great one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!