Saturday, January 3, 2009

Caardvarks Jan 1 sketch "Snow Day"




One of my New Year's resolutions is to try some sketch challenges so when I saw this one from Caardvarks on Jen's blog it looked like one I could manage. It was designed by the talented Becky Fleck of Pagemaps. For some reason though I really had a tough time measuring these blocks and gluing them down right this morning so to camouflage some less than perfect margins I decided to do a bit of distressing and tilted the mats somewhat as well. I kinda like the shabby look. LOL The patterned paper came from Bety's Dream Designs and when I saw it it made me think of my BFF Becky in MI who was home on a "snow day" last time I talked to her. Sure wish we were curled up by the fire chatting and sipping tea (or wine depending on the time of day LOL) while the flakes were flying outside. I miss her sooooo much! The other two blocks I cuttled with Swiss dots and the snowflake folders. The large snowflake is also Cuttlebug with a circle punch, 2 foam flakes and a mini heart brad by Queen & Co. on top. I used fine jute to tie on the hand cut tag with the rub on from Cosmo Cricket. This is card #3 for Jen's "card a day challenge". Check out what she's doing HERE and try playing along. She won't mind a late comer.

11 comments:

  1. SUPER job on the sketch Donna! LOVE LOVE LOVE that paper...I need some of that! Love the distressing and how you used the swiss dot folder! Super!

    I hope you entered it into the caardvarks challenge!

    You are doing an AWESOME job on the challenge! It's so nice to have someone that is doing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear me, this is so sweet!!! GREAT card Donna!!! I love the distressed look of it too!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply love your card, Donna. The reds and blues look amazing!!

    Thank you for being such an inspiration!!

    Love,
    Smita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Donna! I love the shabby look too! Great way to disguise any kind of flaws you might THINK are there! :) I' finally got the award posted to my blog. Thanks again for thinking of me! Have a great Sunday! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I'm so happy to see you playing along over a Caardvarks this week! I love what you did with the sketch. The colors are really fun and your layered snowflake is fabulous!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Nashville!
    You're so creative. And love your winter decorations - beautiful.
    I've told my artist daughter about your blog so she'll be checking in.
    I'm a wedding planner/coordinator and at present re-working my website (yourbellawedding.com) but it's still up with a new conneciton to my blog & to my daughter's blog, SaySeeJane.
    Have a great 2009!
    Vickie / Nashville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Donna !! love the poodle one also !! happy new year my friend
    hugs
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the paper great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through the Cricut mb's and have been stalking your blog for the past month or so, and finally decided it's time to comment on how wonderful all your cards are! Love everything that you do, the colors, papers, and embossing! TFS with all of us!

    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I love the new look of your blog! Secondly, as much as I don't want to hear, speak, see or even smell the word "snow", I love this card! The distressing looks awesome and I like the way you tied the jute! Ugh, we're getting another 4" - 8" tonight! YIPEE, can't wait to go shovel it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!