Monday, January 26, 2009

The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge 15 and Day 25























Being a Guest Designer on The Cuttlebug Spot I got a jump on this week's challenge but couldn't post until it was announced so my card 25 for Jen's card a day challenge is late again. This week we were to do a card for our husband or "sweetheart". I kept racking my brain for sweet and romantic but it just didn't come. I'd recently purchased a DCWV Rockstar matstack and especially loved these shiny pink lips. I remembered the big ol' juicy smackers from the Indy Art Cricut cartridge and decided to combine it all with my new Cuttlebug "Love Language" die/emboss combo. I just happened to have pink foil paper from Best Occassions that embosses like a dream. I also used it for the blackout feature for the lips. I didn't have pink glitter cardstock that matched so I cut the top layer of the lips in pink cardstock and glittered it myself by running it through my Zyron top side down and sprinkling on Doodlebug Sugar coating. Tell me those aren't kissable! LOL The large open heart is from Calligraphy, and the small hugs and kisses and double hearts are from the die part of the Cuttlebug "Love Language" set. I think both Jen and I are struggling this last week with the card a day challenge. Be sure to bop over to cheer her on HERE. We both think we deserve a spa day when January is over. LOL And be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see what the fabulous Design Team members have come up with. Thank you Nilda for allowing me to participate. I'm loving it!

17 comments:

  1. I just don't know how you do it, another card looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna What a lipsmacker! Fabulous fabulous design girl! I love it!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - those are some luscious lips!! This is another absolutley stupendous card - love it all. What a star you are!!

    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna ~ I found your blog through the Cricut Newsletter...I bought my Cricut a couple of years ago...and I haven't used it for a while...You and your fellow bloggers are enabling me to pull that baby out and start using it. Your work is fabulous to say the least...Geez...I wish I had the talent to do what you guys are doing...gotta subscribe to this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not find a place to subscribe...so I just wrote down your blog addy so I can check in now and then...if there is a place to subscribe, please send me a message on my blog...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Donna, that is uber-nice! I love those glimmery lips! That would be a perfect valentine for my dd. I may contemplate a version of scraplifting... If that that is okay with you. I really do like this card.

    Question on nesties - will they work in my cuttlebug, or do I need a different cutting machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucious card, from the glitter to the foil, to all the hearts....it is lip-smackin' great! I don't know how you do it day after day, but I'm glad you do! TFS :)

    Thanks for the tag, it was a lot of fun to look through some of my pictures again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL!!! WOW!! This is one sexy cool card Donna!!! I love it!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This is too stinkin' cute!!! I've been trying for figure out what I would ever do with those lips on the Indie cart I just got and wow! You answered that question for me! LOL This is really adorable!

    I love all your work and want to thank you for sharing it here on your blog... you're truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! This is one stand-up-and-notice-me kind of card! I just love it's flamboyance! So cool and creative!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Donna! those lips are so cool! and I love those little dies combined with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love this one girlie!!! It's super sexy and super cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome is this?! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Geez, girl, your just whipping up one fantastic card after another!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Donna this is so fabulous! I love it! Your work is awesome!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. girl---what can I say---this is just soooo stunning and creative...I would love to come and hang out with you and scrap...you are soo inivative (sp?) with all of the different materials...you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna! I saw this card last year and never forgot it, however, I DID forget WHERE I saw it. Last night, I thought I would just look at your Blog to see what yummies you had for Valentine's Day...and Viola'........there it was. Thank you for your inspiration and all that you do!

    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!