Friday, January 9, 2009

BBTB Star Contest entry and Day #9 of Jen's Card a Day Challenge











Here's my entry in the current contest over at Bitten by the Bug. We were to make a card using the colors pink, yellow, blue and green and have a star somewhere. This card is inspired by the song"Catch a Falling Star" ("and put it in your pocket" for those of you too young to remember it. LOL) I had this in my mind as soon as Regina announced the contest but just couldn't find appropriate paper until I came across a 6 x 6 pad of Urban Prairie by Basic Grey. I welded a square from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge (for the card back) to the cylndr 2 (page 97) from George, the star from Plantin Schoolbook, and the moon and stars from Paper doll Dress Up. Once cut, I trimmed the top of the cylinder to form a pocket shape. Each individual shape was cut at least once again in different prints and popped for dimension. The moon and stars were cuttled with the Swiss dots folder and then cut again so I could cut out each small star individually to pop. I was excited to find jewelled stars at J's in the appropriate colors for accent. The large top star was cut and folded to give it a 3 dimensional shape and attached along the edges with rolled up glue dots. The flourish is from Home Accents cut in both shadow and regular and added between the flat and dimensional stars. I cut another pocket and attached it at the side and bottom edges only to allow the star to fit in it. I fussy cut the lower butterfly from another sheet of the paper, attached it in the center only, and embellished it with a jewelled butterfly on top. More adhesive gems were added to all of the elements for glitz and the entire card was matted with another square of BoBunny dotted card stock. Be sure to check out Jen's blog HERE to see all of the beautiful cards she's created in January.

17 comments:

  1. oh my word, this is stunning...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, awesome as usual.... love it. Where do all your ideas come from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is sooo darling..Great job...Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Donna, how ever do you keep coming up with all these wonderful cards? This is amazing girlie!!! I love it!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    LOVE this card!!! I also have this paper in 8" and 12" and I ADORE it!!! I used it for my daughter's 6th bday.

    Wow that star is so cool!

    Hollygtn
    blog.scrapallier.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come over and just watch you create? You are just amazing. I LOVE this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Donna! wow love what you did with that star...it just really takes your card to the next level! Good luck with the contest :)

    Have fun at your dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in awe....Love everything about your card, the denim look and the bling lines pocket - Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, your cards are leaving me speechless! I just sit and stare at them in awe! I takes a good 10 minutes to soak it all up -- there's so much detail! This one is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, this card is gorgeous. It has a "magical" kind of feel. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb card, Donna. I simply love the detailing...and the star!! I hope you never drop by my blog :-D Your work is absolutely stunning!!

    Love,
    Smita.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is amazing and I didn't even have to read your post to know EXACTLY what song this represented!! (does that mean I'm old???) :) Girl...I'm tellin ya...you are so danged talented. I LOVE this!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! Donna does it again!! Gorgeous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Donna I love this card so whimsical and full of gorgeous detail! I love that starfold need to try this! i started singing that song as soon as I saw it (in my head of course I haven't got the best singing voice lol!)It just depicts the somg perfectly!

    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK!! Donna, send me some of your creative vibes girlfriend. this card is just awesome!!! No,!!!, stunning, you are sooooo creative here of late, I wish I could find those moods. I do good if I get 1 card made in 3 days. LOL, Don't know what is going on with me, but I sure admire you for keeping up with this challenge. You Go Girl!!

    Hugz,

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!