Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hallmark Scrapbook Challenge Kitty Card and Day 18







The challenge over at Hallmark Scrapbook this week is to make a card using a kitty cut from any of the Cricut cartridges. I was trying to hold out until my Hello Kitty Greetings came but of course it didn't show. Instead I chose the cat from Zooballoo and made a shaped card using Design Studio. I welded the shadow feature of the kitty to the open heart also from Zooballoo. The patterned heart paper is from Stampin'Up and the dots are BoBunny. I cut the cat again using both the regular and outline feature and popped it for dimension. His lidded google eyes are from JoAnn's. I used a wine charm ring and alpha beads for the collar and added a bow. "Daddy" is also spelled out in Alpha Beads. I wanted the card to have a childlike feel because Goliath will be giving it to his Daddy for Valentine's Day. Jezzy is holding out for the Hello Kitty cart. I can't believe it's already day 18 in Jen's Card a Day challenge. If you'd have told me last month I would be able to keep up with this I would have said "NO WAY!" Thanks Jen for being such a great motivater. Please visit Jen's blog HERE and you will be motivated too.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! What a COOL card Donna!!! You rock girlie!!!

    P.S. Email me at deedee.campbell@yahoo.com

    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Donna! You are really making me want to use my DS! Love this creation! and I am so jealous you are getting the hello kitty cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh girl....you are so good! You belong on a design team!! Your talent is amazing! LOVE this!(I'll be doing mine tomorrow night!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna - how on earth do you do it. That is so amazing. I absolutley love it. I don't have the DS but I need it even more so now!!

    By the way, I got your message but don't know if I'm being a little dense! I can't see anything on your bog for me!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SaWeet! And those google eyes are perfect! I love the Zooballo cart, am now going to take a closer look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy mackerole girl...look at all I"ve been missing...you have been one busy girl and have totally missed seeing all of your creations...I posted over at the challenge, but this is just toooo cute....love it!!! And I love your new blog look....awesom girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just way too cute! Those eyes!!! Where did you get those eyes?!!!! She is just adorable! You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness! This is so totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, lady! I was just checking out all the awesome stuff over on the HallmarkScrapbook weekly challenges... sorry I missed out on that kitty challenge... I don't want to rub it in, but... I DO have the Hello Kitty cart! na-na, na-na-na! : ) I have no idea where this week went! I just put the next challenge (wings) at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo cute! I love this kitty! You make me want a DS soooo bad! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!