Monday, January 5, 2009

Thanks "snow" much




I'm having a ball with Jennifer Wuthrich's challenge to make a card a day in Jan. Click HERE to see her lovely card. This is the card for day 4 (I did finish it yesterday but didn't take photos 'til today. DH took me computer shopping, out to eat, and to a movie so it's a miracle I got it done at all. LOL). Not only has Jen inspired me to keep crafting (after a bit of a hiatus during the holidays) but also with the sentiment for this card. It also just happened to fit the bill for Carla's challenge on the Cricut message board to make a card based on a monogram or in the shape of a monogram. WooHoo! I used the roly poly feature on the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for all of the letters. The "T" I tweaked a bit to make it a bit fatter and welded them to the snowflake shadows from Accent Essentials. The blue card stock is Bazzill and has a gorgeous iridescence. I cut another lighter blue "T" and cuttled it using the snowflakes folder. The white snowflakes and the small letters are flocked and popped for dimension. "Snow Much" is done with pastel blue Alpha Beads and I added mini pompoms for fun. Seems like I can't do a card without adhesive beads so of course they found there way here too. Last but not least is a sparkle tulle bow attached with a snowflake brad. Now I'm off to work on day 5. Hugs!

11 comments:

  1. omg Donna this is divine! I love everything about it gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Can't wait for tomorrows card!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna you are a Cricut Queen! I don't have a Cricut myself, but I'm telling all my friends that do that your blog is a must see! Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and in my favorite color, too! Cute, cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super job Donna! I love the "t" shaped card...it turned out darling!

    Thanks for the laugh today too...I wish I had a stack of cards...LOL. I do have to say tough that I am working a day ahead...so today I am making the card I will reveal tomorrow. This was the only way I knew that I could get it in time to take a picture in the sun.

    Can't wait to see your card today...I added this link under yesterdays posting! You are doing some really awesome cards girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just plain great love it
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna,
    OMG, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love EVERYTHING about this card!

    Would it be okay with you if I place your blog on my list of favorites on my blog???

    Your work is just lovely!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, I love it!!!! Cute, cute, cute!!! I'm getting a new 'puter too!!! YAY!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, that is GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about it! I've got tons of those letter beads and keep forgetting about them... now I'll have to go dig them out! This card is just stunning! Shopping, lunch a movie AND a card!! Amazing, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guuuuurrrrl!!!! I am LOVING this card! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!