Friday, January 2, 2009

Merci




Well, I hope everybody noticed I took down my Christmas decorations on my blog today. Of course at home they'll be up 'til probably Valentine's Day. LOL (You think I'm kidding, right?) Jennifer Wuthrich posted a challenge on the Cricut message board to join her in doing a card a day in January so I'm gonna try. I felt so bad neglecting my crafting in Dec that I thought it would give me a push. We'll see... I made this thank you for my friend next door who has poodles. I used the border feature on the Cricut Paper pups cartridge and welded it in design studio to a rectangle from Plantin Schoolbook. I thought it would be fun to use one of the prefolded acetate cards from Hero arts that I got at my LSS. The striped matting and picot edged ribbon looked very "French" to me so I cut "merci" from Beyond Birthdays. I used my double scallop Martha Stewart border punch on the inside mat and then cuttled it using the Swiss dots folder and then added a solid mat with a little ribbon trim which left me just enough room to write on.

12 comments:

  1. Wowsies Donna...this is stunning! Super job...I am thrilled that you are playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that isn't the most creative cutest thing I have ever seen... Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOOO cute Donna! I just love the pink poodles and that clear card base! And the scallops and swiss dots...tres chic!

    About my 5 addictions...I'll try to post them on my blog next week!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh la la Donna this card is simply fabulous. So stylish with the pink poodles stripes and black ribbon and gorgeous on the acetate.

    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb... j'aime les couleurs!! And also the frosted card..

    Love,
    Smita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl----this is just darling...you are so great at using the DS software too...I love how you used this poodle cut but added the dots behind it to simulate a poodles hair...how creative....

    I just love all of your creations that you have posted over the past couple of weeks...you are soo inspiring and very creative Donna...thank you again for thinking of me for the award...you are just the sweetest...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Donna, I love this card!!! How adorable!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable and delicate! I'm catching up on reading my blog faves and I see you have been very busy! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a card. I love the poodles on the bottom. Neat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, Miss Enabler, I just ordered some of those acryllic cards! That was the easy part... trying to make a card with them is going to be a challenge! This card couldn't be any more prettier! Oui, oui, I like it! It's so girly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!