Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day #13 in Jen's Card a Day Challenge.







Woo Hoo I'm caught up for Jen's card a day challenge! Wasn't sure I'd get one done today because my dear friend Leah (BeeCherryLady form the Cricut mb) and I got together this afternoon to craft. This usually means we spend the majority of our time talking especially since we hadn't seen each other much during the holidays. My card today is quite simple and graphic, a departure from my usual style. I borrowed Leah's Wildcard cartridge to cut the heart border and cut the "you" twice from Graphically Speaking. The top layer was cuttled with Swiss dots for texture. The only embellies were the conversation hearts I got at M's which inspired the colors I chose. The paper is Me & My Big Ideas. Card measures 6 x 6. Be sure to check out Jen's progress HERE.

8 comments:

  1. OOh Donna I love this it reminds me of those candy sweets called lovehearts with all the beautiful candy colours and the little heart words! The black layer on the you rally makes this card pop! Fabulous!!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I said when I saw this card was "Awwww, so sweet" and it is! The colors are great and the heart border is perfect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this and as Julie said it does remind me of those candies the colors are just so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card Donna. I love the look! I esp love the heart boarder mixed in with the converstaions hearts Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards. So cute!! I need to make more cards!!! I love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo cute! Love those little candies! Great paper! And now, I simply must have that GS cart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooho I luv them.
    thanks for stopping at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!