Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BBTB Pencil Challenge & Card a Day #6



This week at Bitten by the Bug Regina chose the pencil from the My Community cartridge. Although I don't have this cartridge I managed to participate anyway using my trusty design studio and good old George (borrowed from Leah xx). Afterwards I realized it looked more like the pencil in Locker Talk but I didn't think anybody would mind. LOL I also designed a shadow that I cut in both red and black, then cut the pencil in pink, again in Stampin'Up designer paper that I trimmed to expose the eraser and the sharpened tip, and the silver eraser holder. A little doodling, a little ribbon, and viola!..a pencil. The hearts and xo are from Calligraphy, flowers are prima and of course alpha beads (my current fave). I was missing an "s" yesterday so I couldn't finish this card but now I'm current on Jen's "card a day" challenge. Be sure to stop by Bitten by the Bug to see what all of the fabulous designers did with this challenge and also Jen's blog (she just happens to be one of those fabulous designers) to see how she's coming along. I may just give this one to DH since that's how I sign all of my cards to him and the poor guy got store bought for both Christmas and his birthday. We'll see. wow this card looks pretty good with my new blog color scheme. Maybe I should stick to red, white, and black all month.

14 comments:

  1. You have a lovely site...I love scrapbooking and plan on getting back into it this New Year. Its been a few years because of family issues (losses) & we moved and still we are unpacking it sure does take a toll on a person when you haven't moved in 23 years you sure have a huge amount of clutter...lols. Thanks for sharing your talent. That is some beautiful work.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular Donna i love it! You're so clever with DS and those calligraphy hearts are gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just beautiful love the big pencil great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you do with your bugs, your projects and cards are always inspiring! Anyone who received this would certainly feel loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl you are so amazing............i can't believe you are not on any design teams.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!! I loved the pencil :-)

    Love,
    Smita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Regina - why are you not on her design team???

    I heard that via the mb that you too are a MSU fan. Did you too attend MSU? I was there 78-82; I was an RA in Holden Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! I love that pencil sooooo cute! Your work is amazing, just amazing!

    Hugs,

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girlfriend, you are on a role! I love this card, when we speaking on the phone, I didn't understand what you were talking about with this card. Now I get it.....LOL this is so pretty Donna, I just love it. Send some of your creativity my way, mine left with the old year.

    Hugz,

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super job and way clever Donna! Love your take on the BBTB Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Donna, loving all your card a day stuff, you do such beautiful work
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card. You did a fabulous job on the challenge. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZERS!!! Love this Donna!!! It's amazing, just like YOU!!! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful Donna! I really love what you are doing with those alpha beads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!