Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Valentine Door Hanger and Day 14




I know this is not technically a card but I'm sure Jen won't mind. Her Card a Day challenge has kept me crafting and that's really what it's all about. Besides, I can imagine hanging this on someone's door on Valentine's Day sort of like the May Day idea. This was my first try using the Cricut deep housing blade which allowed me to cut the hearts on the shadow feature out of chipboard using the Wedding solutions cartridge. I cut them again in cardstock and adhered them to the chipboard sandwiching some trimmed doilies in between. I used design studio to place the lacy heart inside of the double hearts cut on regular, popped them for dimension and embellished them with adhesive pearls. Organdy ribbon was used for the hanger. Check out Jen's blog HERE to see her wonderful creations.

7 comments:

  1. Just that must too cute. You are so darn creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DARLING Donna! I love this cut...and YES tags/cards/hangers all the same thing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it again Donna! This is fabulous!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna this is stunning! I really must open my deepblade and have a play!
    BTW congrats on winning the BBTB contest with your starcard!! I so knew this was a winner!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna!!! You are just a whiz with that DS....this is so PRETTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Looks like cupid came a little early! Love all the pearls! And the doilies -- what a great idea! If I hang something like that on my door, the Monster would eat it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is just gorgeous donna ! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!