Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hallmark Scrapbook "Wings" Challenge and Day 23


This week's challenge over at Hallmark Scrapbook is to do a card with "wings". Could be a butterfly, bird, or whatever using any cartridge. I've been dying to cut the bird from Indy Art and also wanted to try out my new Wildcard. I cut the doily shaped card at 6". The shadow of the bird and 2 sets of clouds from Paper Pups were welded using Design studio as a base for the design. I then cut more clouds (at 3") in both shadow and regular, cuttling the top clouds with D'vine Swirls and chalking the edges. The layers were popped for dimension. The bird is also cut at 3" using the regular and blackout features. The tummy is chalked lightly and pink rhinestones were added for bling and a blue one for the eye. The pink chipboard heart is Melissa Francis and the card stock is My Mind's Eye, Bazzill, and BoBunny. The ribbons, fiber, flowers and stickpin add a slighly "shabby" feel which I love. I suppose this could be a Valentine, but I think I'm going to save it to give to my MIL for Mother's Day. (How great to be ahead of the game for once. LOL) I am not however ahead of the game for Jen's Card a Day Challenge as this should have been posted yesterday. :-) Be sure to stop by Hallmark Scrapbook and check out what others have done, and also to Jen's Blog to see her beautiful creations.

8 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Donna! You won my blog candy!!!
    email me your info and I'll get your goodies out to you!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this card is so beautiful for Valentines, birthday, mother's day! I love creatures with wings and the bird makes this card SOAR! In other words, I love this card!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely cards you make! Adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna this turned out really beautiful! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Donna! This is a masterpiece! That bird absolutely knocks my sock off!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very very beautifu Donna. Is there no end to your creative talent gir1! I love love love this card

    Hugs
    Juiexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! Donna, this is one beautiful card!!! That bird is gorgeous! You just continue to amaze me! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knock, knock! You've been tagged! I think you may have already been tagged for this one, so you get a free pass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!