Friday, January 16, 2009

Love U Day 16


Today is day 16 of Jen's Card a Day challenge. I can't tell you how happy I am that I decided to play along with her. She has helped me get over a major slump and provided amazing inspiration. You can visit her blog and see what I mean HERE. I don't know about you, but I often see some scrapping item that I can't live without, I can't wait to get to the store or order it online (and then count the days until it arrives), rejoice when I have it in my hot little hands, and then let it sit for months before I actually use it. This is especially true of some of my Cricut cartridges so I decided to remedy that today. One of the cartridges that fits this catagory is Stamped. Happily I found the word Love on it. I also haven't used Graphically Speaking nearly enough so I cut the U in the rectangle from that cart. The hearts are actually off cuts from my double heart door hanger. I cuttled the pink one with my birds and swirls Cuttlebug folder and used Swiss dots on the Love. The lace border is a Martha Stewart punch. The layout is partly due to the fact I couldn't measure a thing right today but I think it turned out okay. LOL

8 comments:

  1. OH I so know what you mean...I need to pull out stamped myself! Thanks for inspiring me to do so!

    and I LOVE (pun intended) your card girlie! Super dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...I'll admit to having done that a time or twelve!

    Beautiful card! I love the "love"!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is part of the addiction buying stuff we have to have and than it sits LOL I got storybook for xmas and couldnt wait and havent used it yet
    love your card
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't know where you find the time... I have got to start allowing only so much time on the MB and so much on blog hopping... so that I can have time to give my poor house a "little" attention.. and try to find time to create something.... Love your "LOVE"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Donna! I think you have described probably 90 percent of us with the "having to have and then not utilizing" comment!!! It makes me feel soooo guilty sometimes! But I'm tellin ya what girlie...you sure used them here! I LOVE this card!! You are soooo creative! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all part of this condition - I think we're all guilty of the "I NEED it NOW" syndrome only to then stroke it for weeks before we actually do anything with it.

    I love this and all your creations, Donna. If you have a wee look on my blog, I have a little something there for you.

    Congrats on the BBTB star contest too. I don't think I've ever seen a more stunning card than that.

    hugs,

    Caryn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! I do say that every time I visit don't I? LOL!! Well gosh, all your stuff is WOW!!! This is amazing Donna!!! HUGS!!

    P.S. Will you email me please...someone is trying to contact you and I don't see your email anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, and simple to the point! I love how you slipped the U through the heart...very smart of you!

    I LOVE visiting your blog, always something creative going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!