Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Day 30!






Well we're down to the wire in Jen's card a day challenge! It's been loads of fun, but DEFINITELY a challenge. I found this scrap I had cuttled with the Stylized Flowers folder using the DCWV metallic stack and thought it was kinda pretty but needed some jazzing up so I started to color the embossing with some metallic gel writer pens. I was really liking the way it was turning out until I realized the ink was rubbing off on my hand. I buffed a bit off with a Q-tip but still really liked it so I decided to emboss some acetate using the same folder and put it on top to protect it. I'm afraid that's why there's so much glare in the pic. I really didn't want to use adhesive so I cut a mat and used a corner punch that allowed me to fit both layers in without it. I've been sort of obsessed with butterflies lately I guess because they're easy with the cuttlebug or punches and they add so much to a card. Ditto with the metallic words and beads so I'm sorry for the repetition but you gotta do what you got to do. Be sure to hop on over to Jen's BLOG to say "hi" too.

10 comments:

  1. girl---I am so lovin that butterfly...and how you colored in the embossed images...it turned out soo pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just beyond GORGEOUS.... wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Gorgeous is this card!!! WOW girlie, its GREAT!!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooohooo! 1 more day...what are we going to do?

    Another super card. I love the corners on this and the peral accent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I see your stunning art work, the more I want to close down my blog until I can work as well as you! This card is just stunning! What I would give to come and get some lessons from you. However, I am receiving vibes from your inspiration and that I truly appreciate! So glad that I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love all that silver, girl! The gel pens on the embossing looks fantastic! And I am just loving that corner punch -- who makes it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just realized you redecorated! Love it! Heck, I didn't even make my bed yet! LOL I'm actually eating one of those candy hearts right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, I even have dh looking at your amazing work now!!! Of course he refers to you as the "Lady from Michigan State", LOL. So I enabled, did I?? I enabled myself to the tune of $105!!!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love all the metallic shimmer on this! Really beautiful Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the butterflies and the way you have done them, just beautiful.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!