Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BBTB Wedding Heart Challenge and Day 21







My day 21 of Jen's card a day challenge is this week's challenge at Bitten by the Bug. We were to use the heart cut from the Wedding Solutions cartridge. This is my favorite heart cut and I even used it last week for my Valentine door hanger and for a split second considered using that design but I'd already posted it on my blog, and hey, wouldn't that be cheating? LOL Instead I designed a gate fold card using Design Studio using Plantin Schoolbook for the rectangle and the shadow feature of the hearts for the cut outs. The top layer was designed in the same manner. I adhered another shadow of the heart to the inside to show through the opening and popped the gorgeous filigree heart on top. I embellished with silver adhesive beads, organdy ribbon, and metallic hearts from JoAnn's. the "kisses" is from the $ bin at Michael's. Patterned paper is from K & Co. Be sure to check out the beautiful creations from the Design Team at Bitten by the Bug, and also Jen's blog for even more inspiration.

14 comments:

  1. WOWSERS! This is AMAZING Donna! Love love love this! If my brain can figure it out I am going to lift you! LOL (gotta figure out how to weld a gatefold to cut on the cricut) LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooooo how aweome is this....great job....

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS Donna!!! I love this card! You're so danged talented and good with that DS!!! Amazing! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card Donna... love it... wish you had a .cut file.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna awesome cards and I tagged you
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. B-E-A-U-ti-ful card! Love the blue inside the heart! Is there any wonder why I follow your blog?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooooooooooooo pretty! Love the gatefold... love the girly feel! I'm going to have to dig deeper in the M's $1 bins... they never have good stuff like that at my M's! Congrats on that Hello Kitty cart! Nice to see you're keeping up! LOL... I don't have the patience for those little bitty cuts... from now on, it's Silhouette feature all the way!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, stunning, stunning Donna! I just love the way it opens!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Donna!!!
    I have been a a very bad blogger and crafter since christmas and created something today finally...
    I love this creation and you are so clever with the Ds.
    Beautiful design
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how beautiful and so creative Donna! You are amazing with your DS! Another stunner!
    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful! More than stunning, it's, it's, --- magical! Yeah! You work magic with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooohh...such a pretty card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOO my goodnes! That is just lovely!! I missed your blog for a couple of days and just look at all you have created.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!