Monday, January 12, 2009

Love Notes Cuttlebug Spot Challenge 13 & Day 11




Yes, I know it's the 12th but it was tough enough to do a card yesterday after the night before what with cleanup and a fairly good food and drink hangover so posting went by the wayside. LOL I'm sure Jen will forgive me and I will play catch up today. Besides, I was so pleased this morning to see that my card was appropriate for this week's Cuttlebug Spot Challenge. Nilda chose a heart theme which is a great choice with Valentine's Day coming up and all. My card started with a scrap I had saved from my first experiment with Tim Holtz's Distress inks. I thought they would work similar to chalk inks but when I went to run the pad over the paper I had cuttled with the text folder, the rather hard pad produced an effect I didn't like. In order to soften the color I tried running it under water which made the ink run . This didn't work for the project I was doing at the time, but when the paper dried I really loved the look so I saved it. The soft colors looked lovely with some new paper from Me & My big Ideas. I used the Love stamp folder that came with my Cuttlebug but punched it out with a scalloped square instead of using the stamp die. I cuttled a second stamp in pink and cut out the heart and glued it to the white stamp. The notes are also Cuttlebug dies that I cut twice each and then cuttled one set with Swiss dots, trimmed off the stems and popped the bottom for dimension. All it needed then was some ribbon, a prima flower and a skittle. Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see what their fabulous design team has come up with. There's even a prize this week so be sure to play along. And thank you Jen for your inspiration. Your Card a Day Challenge is really keeping me going. Check out her beautiful cards HERE.

17 comments:

  1. Donna, there are so many talented people and you are defintely one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great card Donna.....Love it!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, everything you do just amazes me, I'm your number 1 fan
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very nice it has a vintage feel yet fresh if that makes sense LOL
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card..love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, this is so sweet. I love the soft colors --- very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty Donna! My mom is sitting here with me and she loves it too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful my friend! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful romantic card Donna I love the soft colours. Another amazing creation!

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty pretty card this is, Donna!! I love the shade of pink.

    Love,
    Smita.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeez, I can't believe all the good stuff I've been missing out on!!! I must say, I am a wee bit jealous! I WANT TO PLAY! Donna, I love, love, love the softness of this card -- so beautiful! But, of course, I expected nothing less! LOL! Vampires, unite! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrific card. I like all the embossed details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another super card Donna...love the soft colors of this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a truly gorgeous card!! I love the distressed piece in the middle & the music notes...I didn't realise Cuttlebug did 'notes'..I must get some. I love everything about this card!! Well done!
    Peace & Love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your work. Another wonderful creation. I especially like the softness of this one.

    Thanks for participating in the challenge.

    Nilda

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is just darling girl...look at all you have going on...and it look soo wonderfully put together...soo soft and vintagy..is that even a word...*smile*...love it!!! love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!