Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Lovely Blog Award from Linda and Day 29











I am so pleased and thankful to receive this lovely blog award from Linda at Pinklilacs. She is a sweet and creative lady and I am honored that she thought of me. Be sure to stop by her BLOG to see her beautiful work. Now I am to list 7 things that I love about me.
1) I love that even after 33 years of marriage when I look into my husband's eyes my heart still flutters.
2) I love that when we talk to our kitties we refer to ourselves as "Mommy" and "Daddy".
3) I love that in retirement I have the freedom to craft as often as I want.
4) I love that all of my friends and I are a mutual admiration society.
5) I love that through blogging, inspiration is only a click away.
6) I love that even though crafting has replaced much of my exercise I haven't gained any weight. LOL
7) I love that most of my dreams have come true.
As far as sharing this award I cannot possibly narrow it down to 7 people. So to all of you who encourage and inspire me daily, this award is for you. Please feel free to post it on your blog with love from me to you. (But if you do, I better see a list. LOL)

Now on to my quick card for day 29 in Jen's card a day challenge. Thought I'd play a bit more with my new Nesties and tried cutting a shape with 2 dies inside each other at the same time. Lo and behold it worked! I embossed it that way too. Then I cut another hot pink square that I cuttled with Swiss dots to show through the opening. (BTW Lillie, cutting right side up took care of my problem, thanks!) I also wanted to use my new Cuttlebug folder that came with the baby words die cut plate. Love those big dots and the space in the middle which I mostly covered up with ribbon. Added bunches of butterflies both Cuttlebug and Martha Stewart, some silver adhesive beads and "dream". So that's all for today folks but be sure to stop by Jen's blog to see what she came up with today.










7 comments:

  1. Donna, I'm so glad I decided to pop on over here before calling it a day! I've run out of adjectives for your cards to even post a comment! It's fantabulicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is beautiful! I love the black butterflies on the pale pink! Stunning combination!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, yet another simply beautiful creation from you! How do you do it? I want to sit at your feet and learn to design like you!!! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful... I love buterflies. You are just too talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! I love the pink and black! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. soo beautiful...I too love the black butterflies...you are rocking these cards girls...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!