Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow Baby #8 for Card a day challenge




I have no idea why I'm so obsessed with snow these days. Its been YEARS since I've had to drive in it, shovel it, or otherwise deal with the negative aspects so I apologize to all of you who are up to your necks and praying for a thaw. Today is day 8 of Jen's card a day challenge and I'm thrilled to have completed and photo'ed it while it's still daylight. This one's been in my mind for awhile because I simply ADORE this little stamped baby face. (When I made Christmas tags with it DH said it was creepy but that still didn't stop me. LOL) I put her in the center of the snowflake from Accent Essentials and used the circle Alphaclips feature from the Tear Drop cartridge to spell out the rest of snow, then cut the word "baby" twice on shadow. I cuttled the snowflake and the circles behind the letters with Swiss dots and the snowflake folder and popped everything for dimension. The papers are mainly My Mind's Eye and I got a bit carried away with the embellies using foam snowflakes, skittles, pompoms, fiber, ribbon and stickles with reckless abandon. I had a ball indulging my girly side though I have no idea what I'll use this for. LOL I suppose it could be for a winter baby. Be sure to click HERE to stop by and see Jen's progress. She has really helped me get over my slump.

9 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! Love the stamp, papers, sparkle, pop-dots...
    everything about it! If you were in a slump, I'd never have guessed it! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggle* want some snow Donna :) maybe I can send you some Colorado Snow ;) LOL

    Another super card. Love the little face in the snowflake...that is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I think I say that a lot here! I LOVE this Donna! You're amazing! Oh! And email me about the challenge. I've been so swamped with everything that I hadn't even checked it. Don't worry, we'll work it out! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one amazing talented lady....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty love that little face
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Do I say that every time I visit you....really....WOW!! You are amazing!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this card left me speechless! And I ALWAYS have something to say -- I'm from NY!! This is just absolutely beautiful! How creative! I love all the little details -- like the cb embossing behind the letters. The face is beautiful! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another totally beautiful card Donna! I think your baby face is adorable!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I have this stamp and it is surprisingly difficult to pull off! I used in in the face of a pink sun for a baby card. But everything else I've tried failed. I love it here!!!

    hollygtn
    blog.scrapallier.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!