Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lei Back and Relax






I made this for my good friend and next door neighbor who was going to Hawaii. It is still one of my very favorite cards and was soooo much fun to do. I was excited to get the oppor- tunity to use this sort of tropical paper from the DCVW Summer glitter stack. The words were all cut from Plantin School- book (roly poly) and the flowers are from A Walk in my Garden doodled to look like hibiscus. They were strung on DMC floss to look like a lei and I added tiny ribbon stamins. I made little flip flops for the foot paper clips with cardstock, ribbon, flower buttons and skittles but they just didn't look right without soles so I added some of corregated (sp?) cardboard. This made the card pretty thick so I used the crayon box on Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to make a matching envie. Thank goodness she lives next door so I could hand deliver it. I wish the pics had been in better focus but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!