Saturday, October 25, 2008

Birthday Shoe card






























I made this card for my BFF whose only birthday wish was a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. This is as close as she got. LOL (Notice the red sole. Have you ever priced those babies?) Since it was a birthday card I chose to make the front a slice of cake. I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and was inspired by the BBTB cakebox challenge (and especially Nilda's take on it) and besides, I had given her a dessert serving set in the shape of a shoe and purse on a previous occasion so I knew she'd get it. I cuttled the top frosting with divine swirls, used the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo and Lace punches for decoration and fashioned a candle out of cardstock. I attached a stickled flame with wire and used Glossy accents to simulate dripping wax. I made a template from an innersole and sandwiched in some florist's wire to stiffen and shape the sole and hand cut and folded a heel. The tag was cut from Plantin Schoolbook and the words were from the Birtday wishes CB die/folder combo.

4 comments:

  1. Donna this is soooooo fabulous and a card/keepsake I would love to receive!!
    BRILLIANT!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that well
    is fabulous!!
    wonderfull!!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW is all I can say. I have a very best GF who is turning 40 in Dec and I would love some more details on how to make her one of these.
    If you dont mind. I love it
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is so fantastic it leaves me speechless. Yep!! What a GREAT card for your BFF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!