Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kitty in the Moon



I know it's only 2 more days 'til Halloween but I'm still working on cards. This is for my BF in MI (and she'll understand if it's late LOL). It was inspired by some paper mache Halloween decorations we both bought when I was visiting her. She's as much as a nut about decorating as I am and we call each other frequently for moral support during the whole process. (NO, I'm not done, Becky. are you?) Anyway I took some poetic license on the design. I welded circles from my Cricut Accent Essentials cart for the base, added the moon, kitty and bat from Paper Doll Dress Up. These are all popped but I was in such a hurry to get this posted I forgot to take dimension pics. The witch's hat is from Pooh & Friends and I stickled the band. The tiny bats are the off cuts from the Martha Stewart bat border punch and I added a big bow and star buttons from Favorite Findings. In the inside I used both a square and oval punches from Marvy. (Sometimes it's just easier to punch) Also added some drippy goo. The broom is also from PDDU and I heat embossed the handle with Tim Holtz distress power which gave it a cool rough texture. The sentiment is also heat embossed using my prize from SistahKiki's Halloween card contest. (Yea!) Now I better get this baby in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. Donna this is my fav Halloween card of the year!!! I just love how sweet the kitty looks sitting in front of the moon!!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, wish I knew how to make cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!