Friday, February 12, 2016

Siesta IV from the East Wind



This gorgeous new release by The East Wind is called Siesta IV.   I've gotta say I find it breathtaking, but immediately worried about putting it on my blog in it's entirety as the first pic because of those who seem to find the natural female form offensive. Well, too bad.  I do not, and this is art.  As soon as I saw her, Carole King's song came to mind. It's for my man, a Valentine, because that's how he makes me feel.  (You're gonna be singin' that all day now, aren't you?)

And here's the close cropped version that I'll be adding to Blog challenges so as not to offend.  The full pic has already been removed from several FB Groups.
This makes me sad.



I used the no background PNG version for this and then changed the color of the lines in my printing program to a beigey color to soften the edges. She's printed on one of the gorgeous digi papers from Victorian Gardens paper pack, available in the Victorian Spring Craft Kit, by Gecko Galz.



Here's a closeup of the dreamy image.  She's colored with Copics with a fair amount of Prismacolor pencil work in her hair.  It was hard for me not to color her hair red, but this softer color was more appropriate, don'tcha think?  Don't forget to visit The East Wind FB Group page every Tues and Friday for a new release and check out the challenges on both FB and the Challenge Blog .


  Come join the fun!
Here are of all the important links you need.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Do you print your digi papers on copic paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, to be honest, most of the time I use inexpensive 110 lb card stock from Georgia-Pacific that I get at WalMart. I do have some of the good stuff but I tend to hoard it.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the image and you colored her perfectly! She looks so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should have been kept as a smile between you and your husband NOT coming to me in my "in box"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! It is a really special song...when I was officiating a funeral of a 7 year old's dad, who died within 2 hours of a staph infection, we went back to their house and had a "party" outside, with lights strung, people playing guitars, singing (all their family way) and the 7 year old sang and put on a performance of this song with all the moves etc. for her dad (who was "shhhh Samara - he is listening - see, he is right there - that bright star") and just launched into the second verse (all the hip moves etc.) because it was hers and her dads fav. song and he played the music and she did the performance. She was as happy as a fiddle and said "her dad was RIGHT there, listening and watching so why did I look so sad!!!!!" out of the mouth of babes ey! So yes - a true song of love, intimacy and connection that endures and lasts foreva!!!!! There is NO ENDING with this one. Great post...thanks for sharing it and reminding me how wonderful life and life after can be/is Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna this is totally AWESOME and such amazing colouring :-)
    I am so sorry that there are people who can't handle the female form !!! I mean - what the hell ??????
    I know your Fella' is going to really appreciate the work you put into this great card :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ike. I LOVE what you have done, this is so beautiful and love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is the image beautiful but your creation with is is amazing...so artistic and inspiring. I am so glad you shared it with us...hard to believe this started as a simple digi. It's frame-worthy and you are talented, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card Donna, your stunning image is so beautifully coloured!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is so pretty Donna. I love the way her hair turned out and the background you chose. He will treasure it. Thank you for joining the DL. ART Thankful Thursday ChallengeFebruary Linky Challenge. Katie-DTmember

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!