Sunday, February 7, 2016

Holley's Bookmark Making Contest



I'm joining Holley's month long celebration for 6 years of seizure free health following 2 brain surgeries.  You can read Holley's incredibly inspiring story HERE.  As part of her celebration, she is hosting a Bookmark Making Contest using a fabulous stamp designed just for her by Sandra Caldwell.  This sweet stamp is called Bearly A Headache.




Here's a closeup of this cutie.  She's colored with Copics and sitting on a stack of books that is unnamed in my files, but is perhaps from Tiddly Inks.  I really didn't mean to color this so dark, but the library stack back ground, a freebie from Go Make Something, sort of dictated the colors.  I do really love the sights and smells and general ambiance of and old library, don't you?  The sentiment is computer generated excerpts from a quote I found. So there ya go.  Come join the fun at Holley's and wish her all the best.  (FABBY PRIZES ALL MONTH LONG!)

I'm also entering this in the DL.Art February Linky challenge, and the Outlawz Paper a la Mode Tag, You're It Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Just darling Donna, I love the sentiment, the background and the gorgeous coloring. So very special for me to see all these amazing creations with this stamp. Thanks so much for joining in. Hugs, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the design and all the books on it cute teddy great job coloring. Ps worked on ribbon all night the Mermaids tale 3rd edition should be back in stock by Wednesday. this one takes more time than most my ribbons FYI. Hope you are having a good year so far.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes FEBRUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana! Let me know so I don't miss it. Hope to see you in March at the Expo. xxx

      Delete
  3. Really cute bookmark Donna and I love the background :-) Yes - I really love books - the smell and feel and especially old books shops ..... Pure heaven :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your bookmark turned out. The bear looks so comfy on the stack of books. Are you going to Scrapbook Expo its the first weekend in March.Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Challenge. Katie-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice bookmark! Love the image sitting on the books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!