Saturday, February 13, 2016

It's Good to be QUEEN!


I've been playing in the Progressive Challenge at Sandra Caldwell Stamp Fans FB page and for Round 2 we were to use an image from her Etsy Shop that had a heart on it.  Are you kidding me?  There are dozens of adorable images with hearts, and I had such a hard time choosing, I used two.



For the background, I used Vintage Heart, colored with Copics in reds and Violets ('cause I thought that looked regal).



Then I colored Old Lady of Hearts, (again with Copics) and fussy cut and popped her on top.  The challenge also asked for some glitter or shimmer so I used Christmas Red Stickles on all of the hearts and also added an jewel to her scepter.  (oops, not in this pic, but on the finished card)



The sentiment was computer generated and I popped every other word for more dimension.  Then some more gems in opposing corners and as an exclamation point and it was good to go.  Gotta say, I kinda love how it turned out.

I'm entering this in the Outlawz Twisted Thurday ATG/Show Some Love challenge, the DL.Art February Linky Challenge, the Craft Rocket Valentine/Love challenge, Creative Moments ATG/Romance/Love, Crafts and Me use Red or Valentine, Oddball Art All You Need is Love Challenge, the TTPH Share Some Love Challenge, and Crafting by Designs Hearts.

6 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous Donna and AWESOME colouring :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Your coloring brings out the best of this queen and she looks like she is just thinking of what sentiment says. Great combination of images and loving the red and purple together here. Thank you for joining Oddball Art's "Love" -challenge, hope to see you back for our new challenge, that starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yah! It is good to be Queen TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! Love all the detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super combo of images! Love the expression on her face, great coloring too. It's such a cute valentines card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She a fun card. Thank you for sharing at Creative Moments. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!