Saturday, February 6, 2016

Don't be "Soup"id!


This funky chick has been on my mind ever since I bought her the other day. Meet Chicken Noodle Soup by Sandra Caldwell.  I colored her with Copics with a little pencil detail and I couldn't resist a little play on words.  Inside it reads "and get well soon".  The background was done by pouncing Distress Ink in Weathered Wood through a small piece of plastic mesh potato sack for the Outlawz Sunday CAS Make Your Own Background challenge.  It's a little 4x4 card that would be cute tucked in a little get well care package, don'tcha think?

I'm also entering this in the Crafty Friends Animals/Birds Challenge, Allsorts Clean and Simple, Left of Center Things with Wings, the DL.Art February Linky Challenge, Crafting by Designs ATG, and the ABC "A" is for Animals Challenge.  

11 comments:

  1. Donna, this card is just too precious, I love your take on the words and the background is perfect too.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun image and very apt sentiment - great card!

    thank you so much for joining in with the Crafty Friends challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super fun card for our CAS theme Donna.

    Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny card - marvelous colouring and I love the background you did Donna :-) Such a fun image too.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look on that funky chicks face! You colored her perfectly! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, a fun image to cheer someone up and a nice background. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card love the image and your design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun card. I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Challenge. Katie-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna...I love this card...great stamp and the sentiment made me giggle...thanks for joining the Left of Center "things with wings" challenge this week. Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun card, I like the image and the design, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for joining in our 'things with wings' challenge at Left of Centre creative challenges.

    What a fun and fabulous card Donna. Love the image and the brilliant sentiment.

    I hope you will join us for future challenges each week.

    ❤️ & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT Member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!