Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Going in Circles at Ike'sworld Challenges


The current challenge at Ike'sworld is "Going in Circles" and I couldn't resist playing along.  Did you know that Ike actually provides a FREEBIE each time there's a new challenge?  AND, not only was there a fabulous Merry Go Round freebie on the Challenge Blog this time, but also, on the Ike's Art FB Fan page, this adorable puppy chasing his tail.  If you know me, you know kitties are my thing, but this adorable pooch is so sweet, I just had to use him for the challenge.  (Besides, I thought of a cute sentiment for him.)



Before printing him, I added a sentiment in my Printmaster Platinum program. In case you can't read it, it says "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get"  Not sure where I originally heard it, but it does make me giggle.  He's colored with Copics with some Prismacolor pencil work to bring out the fur detail. A window was cut in the top mat and popped atop the blue card base.  Then I cut my image with a smaller oval and popped them both with foam.  I added a paw print strip embellished with Cappuccino seam binding from DL.Art Supplies and some vintage buttons up top. I wanted it be appropriate for a male card so I didn't do a foofy bow.  I think it makes a cute belated birthday card with an inside sentiment like "Sorry I missed your birthday.  Hope it was Happy".

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card great colouring .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike's World challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable dog and perfect sentiment on this awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at the DL.ART February Linky Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is so true, love that pup and what you did with him, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Donna - that is just amazing ! I love how you coloured him for a start, and the card design is splendid. Great sentiment - that made me chuckle :-D A smashing idea for a belated card.

    Thank you for using my image, for the 'shout' and for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna. This card is so cute and fun. My dog, Scruffie, looks just like that and she is always chasing her tail. The ribbon goes great with the papers you used. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky. Katie-DL.ART DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Donna, lovely design and super colours and papers........your dog is just adorable along with beautiful details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Donna! super cute card, I so luv the sweet image and your coloring! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card and lovely image. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. That color scheme is sooooo much into my taste - gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining our "Furry Friends" challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable your coloring is always super the pup matches the ribbon how fun!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes FEBRUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and the image.Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

    Peggy T.
    Mod Squad DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and cuddlge dog, I want him! Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and image. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 125 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this - super sentiment!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!