Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tiddly Inks Fit For a Princess and Friday Sketcher's Challenge


Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal and I managed to crank out a card yesterday for the current Tiddly Inks Fit For a Princess Challenge. I had not colored Everyday Princess yet and was anxious to do so. For once I chose my paper first from the DCWV Madly in Love Stack. (It works out SOOOO much better that way!) She's colored with Copics and cut out with Nesties Petite Ovals Small and I used my newest Iron Gate MS punch and snipped it to go around the oval. Now what? A sketch might be nice so I bopped over to Friday Sketchers to see what was up. This is the first time I've played along there (you know me and sketches) but I LOVED the sketch because it included a tag so I was able to use another of the new Fanciful Labels from my new Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Folder. (Surely a new FAVE!)
Here's the dimension shot. (Crappy pix I know, but again I had to use my Bloggie. The new battery for my usual camera I finally came in the mail did nothing so DH has it in pieces as we speak.) I printed her several times and colored her head twice and skirt 3 times to cut them out. I snipped fat glue dots to adhere the layers and make her skirt all frilly. Her head is popped as well and I used a silver brad for her crown. Of course there are adhesive beads but I actually had to GLUE them with Glossy Accents to get them to stay put on the metal. More were added to her scepter and the ends of the horizontal bar. Instead of the side sentiment on the sketch I substituted a bow and charm. It still looked a bit unfinished to me so I added the off cuts of the coordinating MS corner punch. Lotsa stuff goin' on, but you know me, more is never enough. LOL
Although I've got loads to do, I'm toying with the idea of going to the Scrap Expo in Santa Clara today. Like I need more stuff, huh? Well it's just looking at the CHA Trade Show and I really didn't get to shop at the Super Show because I was soooo busy so we'll see... (Shhh, don't tell DH!) :D xxD

20 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I'm lovin that punch you used. And the layers on her dress, how inventive! I wish I could think of things like that. Excellent job on this and I agree picking out the papers and then matching your colors make for a better finished card! It's a tip I learned very recently myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This is a magnificent card. I love the colours and the border rounf the image is awesome. Beautiful image.
    Thanks for all the comments you left overnight - I had a great time reading them this morning.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely, any little girl would love to get this!

    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she looks like she was so much fun to make!! And how in the heck did you cut your gate iron punch to oval? I just picked one up and am curious enough to try that out. Love it!! The colors are just perfect for a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a show stopper, Donna. The iron gate border is perfect to frame that darling little princess. Love the flared skirt and dimensional crown. Pretty colors too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooooo donna i love it...your so good...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow oh wow! I love all the details you used! My favorite part is the oval border though... How on earth did you do that??

    Thanks for playing along with the Tiddly Inkers this challenge!
    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgolly gosh donna this is just awesome!! i love her skirt, so clever and the papers are just yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were you just trying to make me feel good at that Copic booth!!! You already color like a pro!!! Love it!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shes gorgeous Donna love how you've popped her skirt out colouring as usual is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is sooo amazing! Even though I guess you haven't been stamping too long, you could teach anyone a thing or two with image ideas! I love what you did to her and honestly made her come to life! The crown and septer? are awesome too, wow!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ACK! Adorable! Seriously LOVE the iron gate looking frame and the poofy skirt is so freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! The crown is really awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!

    Omg... What an awesome card & the colors are spectacular! Excellent work.

    Your site is fantastic… I’ve left you a sweet little treat on my blog; please stop by and pick it up.

    Cheers,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very pretty....:) All of it.
    I never pick my paper first. LOL I should consider that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just awesome.. I can see the card, but the background of your blog is all black and I can't see what you wrote. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these colors, girl! Her little popped up skirt is so darn cute. I see you're having lots of fun playing with all of those new toys. And of course you need more stuff... we ALWAYS need more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card. I love the colors and paper you used. You'll have to show us how you used the punch to do cut around the oval.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!