Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finally the BBTB2 Blog Hop Winner and some CHA Pix


Sorry for the delay, folks. I didn't get home until 5:00pm (Ca time) on Sunday night and CHA took more out of me than I thought. Although I was hot to craft yesterday I was a bit overwhelmed with my goodies and poor DH ( and the kitties) needed some attention. I managed to get some pix off my camera and also some sent by friends. The Trade Show opens each year with a parade of Bagpipers winding their way through the aisles. I happen to love bagpipes so this really adds to the excitement for me.

ProvoCraft always dominates both the Trade and Consumer Shows with a huge space and demos and make and takes for their products. Plenty of giveaways throughout the day as well. There was lots of excitement! Of course you all know by now that the new machine that both cuts and prints is called the Imagine.

Besides working with the regular Cricut cartridges there will be separate Imagine cartridges with images but also with colors and prints that can be applied to your cut selections with very professional looking results. It is my understanding that ProvoCraft has gone into partnership with Cosmo Cricket for both the cut and print designs for some of these first carts and they are ADORABLE! I think they will be working with other paper manufacturers as well.

For those of you worrying about the designs being too flat, (including me!), you also have the option of cutting and printing each layer of an image individually. Above are some of the examples scattered around the booth. This will be quite an investment with the new machine MSRP at $599 and the ink cartridges running at $34.99 for black and $39.99 for the color array. They did assure us that they would last from 50 to 100 full sheets of printed paper (which I really don't think anyone will do) so hopefully they will last a goood long time when printing just the images you select. There will also be new mats with better stick which will work in both the regular Expression and the Imagine and retail the same as the current mats. The difference besides the improved adhesive will be black lines that the Imagine will use for orientation for the printing/cutting feature.
I have more pix and will post throughout the week, but I wanted to do my long awaited drawing for the BBTB2 Blog Hop. (Finally, huh?)
AND THE WINNER of the $30.00 Custom Crops gift voucher IS
# 4 Jessica Wekenman. WOOHOO JESSICA!


Please email me at dlmundinger (at) yahoo (dot)com to arrange for your prize. Thanks so much to everyone for participating and for hanging in there. I hope to get some crafting done today, perhaps using some of the goodies I picked up at CHA.

14 comments:

  1. Donna,
    So good to have you back - I've been needing a Donna fix! LOL Thanks for the info.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like CHA was a blast! I am hoping to make it to the winter one!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Jessica!

    Looks like you had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I was demo-ing the Imagine at CHA & as you know we ran them all day long each day. Out of the two that I ran we only had to change the colored ink cartridge on one of them (it was the one printing the most full pg designs) at about the midway point of the CHA show...I was really impressed that the ink lasted that long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering when we were going to see you posting.. can't wait to see what you do with the imagine and all of the awesome goodies you got. How exciting for you to be able to go. We missed you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Jessica!! Would have loved to see the bagpipe players, I was there on Sat. and had a blast

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are home safe and sound! Can't wait to see you! I bet David (and the kitties) were so happy MaMa was home! Looking forward to more photos! (ps. it hit me today how long I think I was blogging for and just passed my first year! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend, you had to have been some tired!!! I, myself, was extremely exhausted when I got home!

    Sorry I missed you, my friend and I did try a couple of times to catch up to you! Had to be bad timing, and I had waaaay tooo many of the classes scheduled which took a lot of time from me being on the show floor!

    Hugs to you and I hope you got enough rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are home safe n' sound, and full of news and photos for we'uns who couldn't be at CHA.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to have you back Donna! I had to smile when I read that it had taken more out of you than what you thought...That's when you know that we are getting older...lol! Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see what you do with all of your new goodies. Congratulations Jessica...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like everyone had such a ball at CHA, I would so love to go one day. I have seen you on a few different blogs and you looked like you were have fun. Can't wait to see what you make with all your new goodies.

    I am on the fence about the cricut imagine, I can only imagine what the price will be over here in OZ. I paid just ove $700 for my expression.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  12. IT was so great to meet you in person Donna..... : ) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute posting - thanks for sharing!

    Congratulations, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had fun. I can only imagine how crazy you must have been running around and trying to see it all. I'd be exhausted! Look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!