Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Winter Wonderland (a Couple Hours Late)


Good morning! Mine started dark and early (1:45 am). It's been deathly hot and I woke up sweaty and thirsty and just couldn't go back to sleep. It must have been that I hadn't finished my Bah! Humbug! card and of course I didn't want to miss that! This past week the challenge was Winter Wonderland so I decided to play a bit again with my mini gel pens and holder from Chomas Creations. This time I chose the teal pen from the Assortment to match my frosty color scheme. The images I chose are from the Cricut Christmas Solutions cartridge. I used Design Studio for placement of both the regular and shadow features and then placed them on different mats; one for the drawing, one for the cutting. After drawing the images (pressure 3, speed 3) I pressed load mat (not load last) and replaced my pen holder with the blade housing. I adjusted my pressure to 5 and went to my second mat in Design Studio (where the shadows were) and pressed cut again. WooHoo! No fussy cutting. I did a bit of shading with my Copics using BG0000, BG000 and C1 and added some sparkle with Star Dust Stickles. I'm really loving these pens! SOOOO many applications! Be sure to stop by Amy's Blog to see more fabulous examples and you can order her fabulous products there too. Sorry about the pic here. It was still dark but the Stickles sure do stand out!

Hmmm, another card that fits a business envie. The base is Bazzill sparkle and the background is embossed with the Snowflakes limited edition Cuttlebug folder from Custom Crops. The top mat is embossed with a OMC Internet Exclusive Sizzix snowflake folder. The cut out is a Nesties Mega Classic Scalloped Oval. Big surprise that I used the Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Fanciful Labels which I colored with the same gel pen and added a peelie and pearls. This dimension shot is a bit better as to color. I'm also entering this in the Winter Wonderland Challenge (another great Christmas challenge blog) whose theme just happens to be Winter Wonderland. Anyway, hope you like. It's gonna be another scorcher so this Winter Wonderland is looking pretty nice right now.
I'm sorry for those of you who have asked, but I didn't save a .cut file for this. I just used Design Studio for placement of the shadows (for the cut page) and each of the images was cut individuallyafter drawing them all first. I have a tutorial on using Cricut Markers HERE that explains what I did I guess in more detail. Cricut markers work the same way as these pens. The example showing the monkey in that tut is what was done for this card. Hope that helps.

26 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous.. 1:45am.. ouch.. that doesn't even sound good. BUT you certainly did your magic on this beautiful card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna, you never fail to amaze me!! Totally awesome!
    Hope you are napping now! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I know that feeling lately too well!

    That card is stunning, but I've always said you do the best Christmas cards!!!

    Hope you get some much deserved rest, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna

    Another stunning and fabulous card.
    Donna, I don't know how you do it, but every card you make is just gorgeous and stunning. Your attention to detail is amazing. Your winter scene is just perfect for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challaneg at Bah!Humbug!

    luvirene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe it's Cricut...
    Absolutely gorgeous - WOW....

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza, girl. Every time I come here, you have something even more amazing than the last time. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful is this card! Soft and snowy and sparkly. Really love the pine trees stretching out from the scalloped window. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing absolutely wonderful. Would you share your design studio file so I can understand how you created it? I would be very honoured if you would.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave you a blog award on my blog http://365daysofcricut.blogspot.com/ thank you so much for inspiring me I love your projects! By the way I love this X-MAS card the colors are beautiful and I love all the texture.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, Donna! Love the way these are turning out! This looks like a professionally made card! I love it!
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning and so wintery, yeah! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another hot one but pretty short lived, I hear!
    This is really pretty and so soft, bet its lovely in person!
    Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, how do you even see at the unGodly hour let alone be so creative? You truly are amazing. gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Donna... it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the shimmer and you are rockin' those gel pens, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh Donna! I saw this at Amy's blog and just had t come here and take a closer look. WOW. I absolutely LOVE this card. Wow.

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh wow Donna this is UBER pretty! You're the 2nd person who posted an xmas card I seen today and am just loving it! I sooo want to go make one! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card girlfriend! Winter wonderland is looking good with the hot weather we have been having. As usual you worked magic on this card, love it!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWZA! This is a stunning card ... NAY! ... a work of art! Love the frosty colours and all the incredible detail. The sparkle is an added bonus. It's always a pleasure to visit you and see your fabulous creations. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, Donna. The colors are pretty!!

    hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  20. and a majestic winter wonderland it is, I love the size you chose to use. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. All I can say is WOW...what a beautiful card. This is my first visit to your blog but it definitely won't be my last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous!! I love the frosty look you've achieved. What a perfect card to make on such a hot night too. Hope you were able to catch up on your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Donna, this is a true Winter Wonderland. Love everything about it! I have trouble sleeping too, it has gotten worse since I'm not working. My son says I've got too much time to think and my brain is always in motion but I think it's age...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh So Pretty....its beeeeautiful !!!
    xoxox JOy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your talent continues to amaze me. How I wish I had just a little of your amazing design ability. To bad you can not down load that.. sorry you had problems sleeping that is always a big problem but you did use your time wisely & all of your fans thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gosh this is beautiful! I am in awe (again) of what you can do with your Cricut. And I must admit, at 1:45 am, I would be lucky to find the power button on mine :D...but you create a snowy wonderland!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!