Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My FIRST Tiddly Inks Card as a Guest Designer and Papertake Weekly Challenge.


WooHoo! I'm over the moon because a dream has come true! You all know I've been doing the Tiddly Inks Challenge since I discovered those ADORABLE digi images. Well here I am, along with my dear friend Nancy, as a Guest Designer. Pinch me (No don't, I'd hate to wake up and find it isn't true.) LOL Well this week the theme is Windows, create a card or project with a window that either opens or you can see the image through. I had a tough time choosing among all of the fabulous images available at the Tiddly Inks Shop. I finally decided on the Happy Couple from the Gothic Cute images (these are definitely some of my FAVES!) They were colored with Copics and cut out with my Nesties Labels Eleven on the inside of the card.


I created a shaped window card in Cricut Design Studio from the Happily Ever After cart. Instead of the "valence" I trimmed a doily but wanted a bit of extra shimmer underneath. Because it was part of the main image cut I used an embossing pen and heat and stick powder just on the area under the valence, heated it up, and sprinkled on some fine MS clear glitter. It was just Serendipity (my new favorite word) that the embossing pen that goes on blue STAYED blue to match my card stock. I wound ribbon through the layer of the open window and attached little doves at the top from an MS punch.
The window is popped as is yet another of the Fanciful Labels from the Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folders. The sentiment is a peelie and of course I used a number of silver adhesive beads from M's to dress it up. I'm also entering this card in the Papertake Weekly Challenge which is Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue. Thanks Nancy for turning me on to this one! (How Serendipidous! :D ) Now hurry on over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to feast your eyes on the fab creations by the Tiddly Inkers. Thank you so much Christy for this wonderful opportunity!

24 comments:

  1. This is STUNNING!!! OMG, It's gorgeous and cute at the same time.
    Love it.
    KimCreate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up again early eh? Us too! Ugh!
    Well this turned out great and I was excited to see it when I came by, how long did you have to search for? poor thing!
    I love the colors of this very much and love how you set up scenes for your images!!!
    Wonderful and congrats on Guest Designing!!!!`

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! This just might be my favorite card EVER! Amazing work, girlie!!!!

    Have you recovered from CHA? I have not heard a word from the CC crew....

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! Windows and doors are such wonderful inspirations.

    I have an award for you on my blog :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    This is gorgeous. I love this card with is beautiful images.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg donna!! that is just way too fabulous and i love it!!!! so pretty and goth too, just awesome!! hugs lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! is all.....I can say! Beautiful! Where do you find the time!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH DONNA!!! Thi is simply GORGEOUS!! I love it! You are soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must be the only one having trouble with your blog... your background stays black and I can hardly read what you write. :-(
    What a beautiful card, but as I have said so many many times, I don't think there is anything you can't do. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable is this...Precious Moments...look out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a new saying for you missy - Donna does it again! LOL. This is just amazing! I have a few wedding to go to this year - if I had a cricut I may just have had to CASE this!!! GORGEOUS!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna, this is just AWESOME!!! So well made, wonderful color combo, nice soft textures, I just love the whole thing!!! I look forward to seeing what you make next! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW. Stunning. Gorgeous. Jaw dropping. I'm just. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card. I love how the doves are "holding" the ribbon! I'm heading over to check out the other creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, I had the hardest time commenting on this... my computer is having a hissy fit this morning.
    Just look at all the fabulous detail on here! Love the pretty blue with the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna, I think this is the cutest card I have ever seen. I love the beautiful colors, the lace the windows. Just beautiful.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fantastic card. Lovely blue and silver... love the little window too and all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely colors and design. :) So glad to have you on board...:)
    hehehehe
    XOXO
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome to the team Donna! Your card is so pretty!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohhh my FLIPPING GAWD!!!! I have bee nwating to post here ever since I seen this one Tiddly Inks...this is one STUNNING---GORGEOUS---VERY CREATIVE and INSPIRING card Miss Donna....truly love everything about this gorgeous card....you rocked this challenge girl!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah... what Nancy said! Holy cow, this is amazing! So many details... you are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Donna!! You sooo deserve to be a part of their team and your creations are so original that it will be a welcome to their already talented crew. You and NANCY?!! WOW lookout we're in for some doozies!! Love this window card!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!