Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Macabre Monday Foul Flutterings Challenge


I'm hoping not to offend with this one. (Don't faint, Sandy.) It actually scares the bejeebies out of me too. I know it's Wednesday, but thankfully Barb our Masterful Mistress of the Macabre allows us a little wiggle room at times and I sure needed it this week. So here is my Macabre Monday Foul Flutterings offering for Haunted Design House. (And who thought the Cricut was all cutesy? LOL) Can't get enough of that Oct 31st cart! I cut the winged demon twice using Design Studio to slightly enlarge it the second time and hid most of the contours for the red shadow effect (Nope, no real shadows-bummer!) The flames are from Indy Art both shadow and regular welded in DS to a rectangle from George. Those fabulously scary gates are also from Oct 31st. The poor burning souls are Heads by Daniel Torrente from Stampotique and they were inked, sprayed, distressed, cut out and brushed with Perfect Pearls. Unfortunately I'm still awaiting a new battery for my camera so these were taken with my Bloggie and I can't seem to get closeups in focus so the details are lost for now. (Well, I guess you can click on the pic.)
To add to the dimension I made this a stair step card. I ground up the edges of everything with my Distrezz-it-All. The fabulous embossed tag is from another of those new Cuttlebug Embossing Plus folders called Fanciful Labels (love them now that I've figured them out. LOL). The black was inked while in the folder and then I distressed it with Tea Dye. The sentiment was computer generated before running it through the Cuttlebug. I seem to recall from a very scary movie "The Sentinel" perhaps?, that "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" was above the door that led to hell. Seemed appropriate. Don't worry, I'll be back soon with something cutesy for Bah!Humbug! so you don't have to delete me off your sidebar. And please forgive if I haven't made it to your blogs yet. Seriously, I'm still recovering from CHA. xxD Oops! Maybe not so soon. Didn't finish and I have a hair appt. tomorrow morning so I think I'm gonna be late with it. Sorry!

31 comments:

  1. wow i totally love your card its awesome ...hugz Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow donna, this is fantastic..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    This is amazing. I love the multifolds and the 3D effect it gives. Wonderful work.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't like this type of card, but this one is incrediable.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freaky Freak Freaking Awesome!
    This is so spooky and neat that I can barely handle this! And there is NO better way for this then a stair step! This gets a gigantic WOW from me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna...what an imagination you have my dear. It is another fantastic card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutesy is always welcome, but I am so lovin' these dark cards... This is just so stinkin' cute I can't stand it.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can say is Donna Donna Donna... (you did do an amazing job but.....) hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks amazing! It makes me want to start Halloween now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna-Donna, I think I said it at to you at CHA, but... I love the card; it's beautiful in it's own macabre way! LOL!

    Yes, I had more classes than I needed at CHA!!! Didn't leave me much time on the showroom floor as I'd liked to have had -- I'll know better the next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is amazing, awesome, so cool, wow! So creative! Can't even begin to explain how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Sandy! :) Love ya girl...your work is always amazing! Welcome back!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg donna that is awesome, i love it!!!!!!!! you are sooo clever! i think i need me that cute little distressing machine from zutter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a-freakin'-mazing Donna!
    Really, this card is insane!
    My birthday is next month, just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers it is truly, magnificently scary.

    ReplyDelete
  16. woot woot!!! You're back...this is to freaking AWESOME!!! You totally outdid yourself girlfriend!!! Holy smack-a-roo's!!! Miss'd ya!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Freaky deaky amazing card, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card (jaw hitting floor!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE it!!! It's dark and dangerous - really awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing! Love the stair step to add the dimension. Now, get your hair done and relax! I'm going to be off getting these carts! Welcome back from CHA!
    Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice card. [I am glad you couldn't get the close ups though... it is scaring me silly :D]

    Hugs (and welcome back),
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Donna this card is incredible! I love the stair step card and the flames are perfect, they look so REAL! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm speechless! This is a great card. I love the layout and the images, but most of all your artistic touches. You really, really have talent.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring and for the links to a great stamp company!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  24. WHOA Donna! That is CRAZY cool and it does kinda scare me a bit. LOL! I love that gate and those flames are HOT! You must have some kind of creative mind cuz you awe me all the time!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is insane!! I love it. Incredible detail and work.. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Donna, wower, welcome back and what a bang you have returned with. OMG this is jaw dropping amazing, so many details, you must wake up through the night thinking of these fabulous creations, but this one must have been a nightmare. Love everything about it. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Seriously beyond fantastic... you really are the Cricut Cween! You still have my address, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. So friggin' cool, Donna! I love everything about it! The details are amazing. My favorite part? Those HEADS! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!