Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Oh BABY!


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot it's all about babies. I LOVE babies and making baby cards. You can use all that frilly stuff and yummy colors! I wish they made scratch and sniff "baby smell" to put in them too. Is anything sweeter? I just want to eat them up! Okay, back on track. I usually try to keep these challenges all Cuttlebug if I can, but I had these adorable little clothespins that were just CALLING to me and also wanted to break out my new Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Monogram Seals for the sentiment. The baby clothes are from the New Arrival cartridge using papers from both Nana's Nursery mat stacks. I enhanced the embossed letters just a bit with my Copics (you do have to be a bit careful here so they don't bleed). The clouds are from Dreams Come True, cuttled with D'Vine Swirls and what would a baby card (or any card for that matter) be without Swiss Dots? LOL
This card fits a legal size envie (I hope!) There's a bit of popping of the clothes and with the natural clothespins and line, I added a kraft mat to tie it all in. The border punch is an old MS double scallop. As usual, there is loads of inspiration from my DT sisters so pop by The Cuttlebug Spot to check it out. And I've already seen some fabulous entries for the challenge to win a $20 gift certificate to Custom Crops. Where's yours?

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna, this card is just too sweet and adorable. You really do rock with the layering!

    I love all the texture and dimension! You're just one of the best cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...so sweet....almost makes me want to have a baby....I said ALMOST! I agree with Audrey....You ARE one of the best cardmakers for sure!

    Thanks for letting me know about the word verification...I took it off....I hate those things. Blogger must keep putting it on every once in a while because I keep taking it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    This is a fantastic Cricut project. I really like it. Brilliant work.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ARE the best cardmaker, Donna..... absolutely.
    The baby card is just precious.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so impressed when I come to your blog, you are one amazing talented lady.... this just couldn't be any cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet Donna...loved the solid cardstock behind the patterned one, swell! :)

    I bought some baby papers for some challenge somebody else had and I never got to play so I might be able to use it for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! You know I LOVE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable and I love that you used so many great new toys (except that I don't have them!). I finally have a reason to make a baby card -- my stepson has a new baby girl born on 8-9-10. Now if I can find just a few baby papers and toys to make a card! Can I come play in your sandbox?

    Love ya!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the cutest card!!! Adorable !!!Girl...blow some MoJo my way!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, there's nothing that smells better than baby! Good thing I'm out of the baby making days... lol. I love the card. The different little outfits are just awesome! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna,
    Oh my gosh - those clothes pins are the cutest!!! This is just the prettiest baby card. Sometimes I color with my colored pencils and blend with baby oil - and then you have that oh so sweet baby smell! LOL
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. now isn't this just the cutest baby card...you always make the best cards girl...I can feel the softness just looking at it....lovely card Miss Donna....Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Donna this is just too precious! I love the soft colors and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card...you do such nice work.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! I agree...scratch and sniff baby smell!! I totally love this card and all your fabulous details!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's the cutest load of laundry I've ever seen! This is just too cute for words, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness, isn't this precious...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Oh! This is just ADORABLE!! I just love the popped onesies and that scallop border punch is perfect with this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where in the world did you find those mini clothespins? I can just imagine you probably made them with your Cricut ;) This is darling. I just keep thinking that if I were the recipient of this card, I'd forget about any gift inside because I would be too much in awe of the card! Sweet, sweet, sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!