Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Through the Window Challenge



Well, I intended to do 2 challenge cards for Bah!Humbug! this week so as not to spoil my perfect record, but I'm afraid I just couldn't manage the paper tearing one. I actually started it, but didn't like how things were going and I was anxious to to the Windows Challenge and I'm quite pleased with it because it is finished inside AND out. WooHoo! I used another of the Cuttlebug Emboss Plus folders called Lace Door (and turned it into a window, of course). I then cut windows in both the card front and the foil mat and used acetate for the window so I could add panes and snowflakes. Instead of inking the trim, I turned it around and used silver peelies in the debossed lines. The corners are peelies as well.

Inside is the foil embossing of the Snowy Village Cuttlebug folder framed with one of the Oh My Crafts exclusive Holiday folders. I stickled the flakes, rooftops and hillsides. The cut out was done with Nesties Labels Four. Again I used peelies to frame it. The blank space below is where I'll sign it. More peel offs for the sentiment on another of the Emboss Plus Fanciful Labels inked with a silver gel pen. For those of you unfamiliar with "peelies", they are fine metallic stickers that are manufactured mostly in Holland. I get most of mine now from StoneBridge Creations. I hit them up big time at the Expo again (obviously). LOL I'm hoping the Bah! Humbug! gals will forgive me my one lapse and enjoy this window card. I so love playing along with their challenges!

28 comments:

  1. Look at me being first... simply beautiful. (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Donna, this card is breath taking! I love the white on the silver. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I wished I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    This card is so wonderful. The peelies just made it. I love silver and white. I also spent most of my $$ at StoneBridge.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,
    This is amazing work. One of the most beautiful cards I have seen in this style for a while.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Donna! This turned out beautifully! Love how you used the peelies and the inside window looks perfect! I knew you'd figure out a way to pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I just love all the detail. Beautiful job, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that snowy village - it was perfect for this card. And, how you used the Lace Door is simply amazing!
    NJB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's with you and windows? Love all your window creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really neat! I really love the sheen this has with the papers and I haven't seen yet those CB folders, very cool!
    Maybe you need to do some DT work straight for Cuttlebug! LOL!
    Well we are off today for camping, leaving after lunch! Wish me luck! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is wonderful..... you are amazing. A-mazing.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna this card is simply amazing.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful AND elegant! Love all the details! TFS!
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous stuff, girl.

    I love peelies, too, and use them quite a bit on my cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Donna,
    This card is an absolute stunner. The way you have created the windows with such attention to detail inside and out is fantastic! I've said it before but have to say again that we often don't appreciate the versatility of peel offs in UK and probably don't use them to their full potential. You have reminded me at least that they are an asset to anyone's craft box.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. BTW ... your original comment and link was hiding in the 'spam' folder which is a new addition to moderated blogs ... sorry I didn't realise.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so elegant! Just love those new cuttlebug folders. I bought one at CHA...gotta get some more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi donna...nice to be back and enjoying your projects. this could be on the wall. soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Donna

    First I must apologise for the late reply but your post was in the new Spam folder in Blogger and I did not realise until today.

    What a stunning card, it's absoloutely beautiful. I love every single detail. The window is just perfect for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latet challange at Bah!Humbug.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG OMG OMG this has got to me my all time favorite. I love what you did with the window and the embossing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna, love your take on this challenge, a winter wonderland indeed. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. My, oh my! Donna this is just gorgeous. Great use of new folders and those silver peel-offs add just the perfect touch. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simple and lovely. :)
    PS: You are all about windows this week....LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is an absolutely gorgeous and elegant card. I love the white and silver combination. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Donna!!!! I am always so impressed by your cards. This one is just absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a sweet and very gorgeous card here....all of your little touches always shows through....you still have my snail mail, right? !!!! LOL... Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!