Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School with Tiddly Inks


This is my second post of the day, so if you're looking for BBTB2 (a day late) please scroll down.


The Tiddly Inkers are going Back to School this week with fun new projects and some fabby new images from Christy. I had a hard time choosing but SchoolGirl's gorgeous wavy hair won out. My original plan was to just make a card but I was talking to my dear friend Lillie and she had made the sweetest little backpack for her Cricut Cuts and Stamps challenge that I fell in love. Hers was a Cricut .cut file and I was way too lazy to design my own so I sort of put the idea aside until I was on my sweet friend Smita's blog (be sure to vote for her team!) and she had done an adorable backpack as well with a LINK to a tutorial which turned out to be from ANOTHER dear friend DeeDee from way back in 2008 before I even WAS blogging. Thank you to EVERYONE! Okay, so sorry for the long round about story of how this came to be, but isn't it fabulous to have bloggie friends for inspiration and how we all are connected!?


I had already picked out the cute apple paper by Creative Imaginations so my color scheme was set. I colored SchoolGirl to match with my copic and followed DeeDee's tutorial to make my backpack. The cute apple cut is the shadow cut from Create a Critter and I cut a circle out if it with Cricut Design Studio to frame SchoolGirl. My BFF's daughter Hayley is starting high school TODAY so I spelled her name out in Alpha Beads.


Had to have a little card to go with so there you go. It's a simple A2 (which I hardly ever do) but anything bigger looked silly with the little backpack and I wanted SchoolGirl to take center stage. She's cut and matted with Nesties with a matching bow and apple button and LOADS more Alpha Beads. Now pop over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to check out the adorable projects from the rest of the Tiddly Inkers and while you're at it, why not do a little back to school shopping at the Tiddly Inks Shop? I'm also going to enter this in Lillie's challenge too because it has both a (digital) stamp and a Cricut cut and is certainly a back to school theme (if she doesn't mind that I copied LOL). So now you've got TWO great challenges to play along with. (And there are prizes to be had!) Hope to see you there.

19 comments:

  1. Donna, this is another adorable project !!! Love the lil bag and that sweet lil girl is too cute !!
    The paper is adorable too! Love it all !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! Love the little bag with the matching card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Fabulous Donna, Its so clourful too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation Donna and that paper is so beautiful and perfect for your project.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, it came out fantabulous!!!! I'm so glad you played along with us at CC&S for this weeks challenge. Love the bg papers, and your coloring as always is off the chart. Awesome creation my friend, love it!!

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just way too cute. I forgot about Lillie's challenge :-( hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. That is a BACKPACK. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,
    These are fabulous. Bright colours and gorgeous images.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved the back pack and I remember Dee from BBTB with Regina back then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! So Cute!! The card and bag almost make me want to be back in school --- yea, right! I sort of missed the boat on getting "back to school" cards out this year. I need to check out Tiddly Inks -- adorable images! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy you can't go wrong with DeeDee and Lillie on your side! The backpack is super awesome, but I'm kind of partial to curly locks..lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what to say - this is amazing - I love the colors and the image and everything!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. this just makes me so happy--happy (not to mention our little one is going back in a few days...:O) ....)...the colors are so fun and have so much energy...and that image, well you know how I feel about Christy's images...AWESOME!!!! And I'm loving the backpack....Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable Donna! The paper you used is perfect! I haven't been by to see Lillie yet but I agree with you she sure is an inspitation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is fabulous, Donna!!! And I was the VERY lucky recipient of the backpack that DeeDee made in that tutorial! Gosh that feels like it was forever ago! LOL! Love how yours turned out! She's so precious and you've colored her perfectly! Love the papers and colors you've used!
    hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what fun, cheerful colors and papers! Girl, you never run out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. JUST FABULOUS!!! Great colors that really POP!!! I love how clean and sharp your work is! LOVE IT!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kids would have actually "wanted" to head back to school if I had presented them with this little set! Heck, I'll get on the bus if I get one of these! :) I love the apple paper - genius! Everything about this is simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!