Sunday, July 15, 2012

Macabre Monday Music Mayhem


We've got a great challenge at Haunted Design House this week.  Sooo great that I was inspired to do TWO cards.  WooHoo!  The challenge is Music Mayhem, create a dark, Gothic or Halloween themed piece inspired by a song title or lyrics.  OOOh... so many songs, so little time, eh?  I'll show you my initial thought in a minute.  But this first one was inspired totally by this fabulous Manson digi from Papelitos Stamps.  Sooo kewl!  I hate (well, maybe not) that I'm not all that familiar with the majority of Marilyn Manson tunes so I had to look some up.  Have to say "The Beautiful People" was the easiest to mess with.
After coloring Manson with Copics I fussy cut him and matted him with a collage of his portraits found on the net.  The sepia mat behind is from the Tim Holtz (oh crap I can't find it and I'm too tired to look) stack which I used upside down because of the video where people were walking on the ceiling (I think).  Anyway,  my fave part is I put Marilyn's head on an action wobble and WooHoo! here he goes.  (BTW, Papelitos has a new Challenge Blog HERE so why not check it out.)
My next offering is inspired by Rihanna's S&M video which I also won't link so as not to offend the delicate flowers who visit my blog for everything BUT these posts, but feel free to Google it.  This fab digi is from Smeared Ink as well as the sentiment.  She is Femdom Dominatrix, obviously available individualy, but hey, why not go big and get the whole set HERE (you know you want to).  The Minions gave me a ration of S*** because I used PINK, but if you've Rocked the video, you'll see why.  Ditto the plastic.  My layout is very loosely based on the Very Sketchy July card sketch on the Smeared and Smudged Forum (not a member?  ask to join) so I'm entering this there as well, hoping they will see the inspiration.  Hey, normally I follow the rules, but I've looked at tons of sketch blogs and half the time I don't see ANY resemblence to the sketch so...consider this artistic license. Are you inspired yet?  There's LOtS more at HDH so be sure and check it out, and check back Wednesday for Creepy Glo's post with whomever else was too hungover to do their DT duty this week.

6 comments:

  1. squeeeee! oh my gosh donna I so love mondays on your blog hun!!!! these 2 cards are both awesome!!!!!! love them both!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards love the images and the layouts are fab. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both amazing cards but that first one is defo a keeper. So clever to make it a bobblehead. Fabulous as always ching ching xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them BOTH! I especially love the Manson card...I love his music and that song is one of my favorites! I'm gonna have to check out that stamp. Great stuff here!

    Carol (Carol's Creations)
    4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Marilyn card, Totaly took me back to when I saw him perform. Such a good challenge, I could do it every week.
    Thanks so much for the lovely comment, It blows my mind.
    thanks, mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only know one song by Marilyn - (S)aint, which I adore. Love your card for him - he's creepy and compelling at the same time.

    Also, we totally need a blog specifically for naughty things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!