Monday, July 9, 2012

BBTB2 Window to my World Challenge

Happy Monday everyone.  It's time for another BBTB2 challenge, this time hosted by our fabulous Brenda.  Brenda has chosen the theme "Window to my World".  Isn't that fun?  You may use any Cricut cart to create your window, so let's peek inside.  Following my new theme of using neglected carts, I chose the beautiful window from French Manor that I tweaked in DS to get the proportions I wanted.  There were not as many layering feature to the cut as I'd hoped either, so I ended up cutting it several times and then cutting it apart to emboss different parts and add additional features.  When you change the shape of a cut like that, you also have to manipulate the layers to fit, which can sometimes be challenging.  There was no trim for the semi circular to window so I used the border feature and played around with it until one of the shapes fit and then cut it apart as well.
Obviously love is in the air.  The cute couple is from the Sweethearts cart.  I love how they can't take there eyes off each other.  Do you have someone you feel that way about?  I surely do and he's my whole world.  To further jazz up the window, I added some trim from several MS punches and lightly inked my embossing.  So how come this card isn't standing up?  Well...
I really wanted to do something a bit different this week.  Actually, I had some technical difficulties with my first design which involved a pull up shade and sort of had to switch gears mid stream (wow, how's that for some mixed metaphors?  Bear with me, it's early yet) so I turned it into a "matchbook" card.  The front sort of tucks into the fence portion to keep it closed.  I say "sort of" because with the thickness of the front and the short fence it only sort of works. The roses help, a little.  And it doesn't stand up which bugs me MORE than sort of.  But it was late in the game so it is what it is, but I'll probably rip it apart and make a proper shaped card instead.  So are you excited to see more window projects?  Stop by BBTB2 and have a look at the fabulous creations from the rest of the team.  And come join us with a Cricut cut window project of your own, but please follow the rules to be fair to all. 

26 comments:

  1. wow, I love your bistro scene, and your colors, gorgeous, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this... the colors are fabby, and yes, those roses are wonderful....
    French Manor got a work out this challenge.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Donna,this is just amazing.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh donna this is totally gorgeous hun, I love it! love the couple smooching over the table!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card! so so deatiled and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your romantic scene. Sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny. I read how you will "probably rip it apart" and I cringed!!! I ADORE this card... you can just mail it to me and not change one single thing! Goofy Girl! The window is beautiful - love all of the victorian trim on the house. And your lovey couple are sooo sweet! Rip it apart?? Jeeze!
    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoL I am with Susan on this one! Rip it apart!! I sure hope you haven't retouched this beautiful card! Great job on the window challenge. Amazing. Card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Donna! I have to say that you are the queen of shaped cards!! I love your take on my challenge!! You are so good at tweaking images in DS, I'm so jealous, but in a good way. lol I love this couple, and they are just perfect in the window. Like you I love that they can't take their eyes off each other. lol And yes, I feel the same way about my guy. He's my rock, my world! I love all the details on this card too and it would be nice if it stood up but with it being so beautiful I could certainly over look that if I got a card like this in the mail!! Hugs, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shaped card Donna! Love it the way it is! Don't rip! Such a pretty scene with the window and the couple!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a romantic card! I love how you placed the heart above the couple. Very sweet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness!!!!This is gorgeous. I love the window peering in at the romantic couple. I really like the trim that added a real nice effect. The card is so inviting. Thank you for the fun challenge and the inspiration.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - this is super neat!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a wonderful image you used on this card and all the details have my heart swooning! You know I love all your projects and even this card with all of it's "I'll probably rip it apart" imperfections is perfect the way it is!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, Chickie, all of the work that went into this was time well spent! LOVE the embossing! Every week I tell myself I'm going to play along with you girls, but the weeks just come and go. :(
    My Cricuts have an inch of dust on them and I just can't seem to get motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Donna, this is so sweet! I love silhouettes, especially through a window --- little sneaky peekies into another world. And all your perfect details -- mwah! Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. The car accident in April knocked the creative spirit right out of me, but I hope to get back to it all soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow, this is so darling! I just want to climb right in to that little scene! such a fun way to put the cuts together : )

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous and the layering is amazing. Love the little couple in the window. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna

    Your window is soo sweet, I absolutely love the layering...its perfectin everyway...

    Hugs
    penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna, this is absolutely wonderful! I loved reading how you made it and arrived at the finished project. Wow!!! I think this is the first time I have actually wished I had a cricut after seeing a project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. rip it apart..what??!!! donna you better not! this is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing is too difficult for you Miss Donna... (i have never used the French Manor).. Super cute hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like the window scene you've created. Reminds me of when my hubby & I went to an old fashion soda shop for our anniversary lunch last yr.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love this card! I need an idea for an anniversary card and this will get me started! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!