Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Haunted Design House Wretched Wednesday

I bet you all were just sooo disappointed that there wasn't a Macabre Monday post from me, weren't you?  Well, I had a few too many things on my plate and wanted to do it justice because of the theme AND the fabulous sponsor so Creepy Glo gratiously allowed me to share her spotlight, this Wretched Wednesday, along with our fab guest Minion, Nancy.   WooHoo!  Our theme is Movie Madness and our sponsor is the fabulous Spesch Designer Stamps.  This was an absolute no brainer for me.  You know how much I LOVE Alice in Wonderland and I bought the whole collection as soon as these came out.  The winners of the coveted Gruesome Twosome with EACH receive 3 stamps of their choice from the vast selection at Spesch Stamps.  WooHoo!
I've used the Zombie Queen who seems thrilled to display the White Rabbit's severed head on her sceptre.  I've cropped it from Zombie Alice's little fist. Zombie Cheshire is there to clean up the remains.  I had a ball coloring these with my Copics, but didn't have a background chosen which proved to be a bit of a prob.  The sentiment begged for a "timely" theme and the lovely darkness of DCWV's Tattered Time was just the ticket.  I've added some blood via nail polish to the hands in the spirit of "time's up".  Yeah, I'd say so.  the sentiment letters were cut with the retired Curls and Swirls Cuttlebug Alphabet which is just PERFECT for the quirkiness of Wonderland, but it was really hard to get them to show up against the dark background.  Believe me, I tried many colors and finally had to go with the purple backed with the dark red which didn't show up on it's own. (Bummer!)  And of course, everything's better with Drippy Goo, so there you have it.  Be sure and check out my Sister Minions who managed to get it together on time HERE.

I was so thrilled that the Poison Peas challenge is back in business and there theme this time is "Unusual Alice" so of course I'm entering it there as well.  (I think this one's a little more fitting, don't you, Mark?)

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous love the image and the design is fantastic. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfectly gorgeous, Donna! Thanks for hanging out in the dungeon with me and Nancy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring is pretty top notch Mrs look at how brilliant my work is hehe. Absolutely brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! I love love love this! amazing image!!
    thanks for playing along with PPP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna,
    I so freakin love this! Such awesome coloring on those fab images!! I love those stamps! Thank you for sharing with us at Poisoned Peas Please Challenge blog!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (PPP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna this looks great. Thanks for joining us at PPP. Please come back often. Patti (PPP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabby fabby, scary fabby.... I love those jumbled colors, and yep, that purple pleases the entire design.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fabulous Donna, your colouring is outstanding,
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Donna - this was well worth the wait :-) Thank you for joining us at Poisoned Peas. :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the theme! Wonderful creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Poisoned Peas Please.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a work of art. I just love it!!! Thank you for playing along at Poisoned Peas Please. Good luck in the challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl PPP GDT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. well this is definitely UNUSUAL!! it is gory and gruesome!
    great coloring!
    Thanks for joining us at PPP.
    Susan (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna,
    I love this image. your work is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at poisoned peas please

    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very good glaven. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I really like those images. I must have! LOL Thanks for joining us at PPP.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!