Friday, July 6, 2012

Dilly Beans Fabric and Fibers Challenge

Happy Friday!  I'm all screwed up on my days with Wednesday being a holiday and all.  Our brand new Dilly Beans Challenge this week is Fabric and Fibers.  I knew I'd purchased some adhesive fabric card stock some years back in dots and stripes.  Planned on using both for this card but do you think I could find those stripes? NNNNOOOOOO!!!!! (Big surprise, if you saw my craft room.  LOL)  Anyway, I did find the dots and cut a strip and pleated it for that trim above my image.  That sweet girl is #156 Framed Girly (flipped) with the adorable sentiment from #371 Girly Stuff.
I tried something new with her hair this time.  I love paper piecing these images and wondered how it would look if I embossed it after fussy cutting.  This is Coredinations Whitewash and I sanded after embossing to bring out the texture, but had a bit of trouble because I sanded some of the outline away.  OOPS!  Still think it looks kinda cool so I'll be experimenting further.  More fabric with the rolled roses cut from Tim Holtz trim and some fiber in the form of Baker's twine.
I added a little more texture by embossing the mat with a Sizzix folder I think is calle Bow Strings (how apropo).  Girly and her mat was popped over the pleated trim and I've popped the sentiment a bit lower and added adhesive pearls to balance it out.  there are lots of cool ideas for this challenge at The Dilly Beans Challenge Blog so why not pop over there and get some inspiration?  We love it when you play along, and Dilly Beans images are not required, but hey, you may win some.  And speaking of inspiration, there's a brand new Blog called Dilly Beans Inspirations which will chock full of ideas, samples, tutorials and and even a freebie, so go check it out.

I'm also entering this in Ruby's Rainbow Embossing Challenge, Wishcraft Waste Not Wednesday "use your forgotten stuff" Challenge (the image is an older image from Dilly Beans, and the fabric card stock and Coredinations have been in my stash for years), the Frilly and Funky Texture Challenge (including the twist which is fabric), Shelly's Images "What's the Text" challenge, and Papertake Weekly Anything Goes (and I've highlighted the image by popping it and embossing her hair).

15 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, I love this one, all the cool texture and love the image, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I can't wait to get back all my supplies! I love paper piercing to, it's so fun and adds so much dimension!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a darling card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the embossing and the pleated fabric. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the embossed hair!
    Thanks for taking part in Ruby's Rainbow challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and clever...a perfect Donna card!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card - love the embossing you did on her hair! =)
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the Shelly's Images Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again for another FUN Challenge! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just darling...I love the pink, I love the card.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love your embossed details on the hair, looks fab. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Emboss It * challenge
    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Donna this is just precious! LOVE how you paper pieced her hair ... what a fabulous idea!!! Thanks so much for joining our "WHAT THE TEXT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card.Love the embossed hair I've never seen this done but it looks amazing.Great idea.Thanks for joining in with Ruby's Rainbow.Good Luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love how you embossed her hair, SOOOO clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How clever to emboss her hair, love it! Very cute card! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!