Sunday, July 26, 2009

Remember I have Faith in You


Okay, I'm bummed. Although I ALWAYS check out the fabulous sketches at 2 Sketches 4 You I'm always intimidated and have only actually officially played along once. Kazan's sketch 31 spoke to me as I was already thinking along those lines because of the fabulous black and cream pad from K&Co. Obviously I wasn't aware of the deadline because there I was about to post my entry and they had already announced Card of the Week and the Fab 5. (Note to self. Do it BEFORE Sunday morning.) I still think it turned out pretty well though and the gorgeous paper just begged for a sentiment from The Cutting Cafe's "I Have Faith in You" printable stamp set. Even better, Regina is offering this beautiful set ABSOLUTELY FREE through the entire month of August!
I did the whole card with my paper cutter, my square Nesties, and Martha Stewart butterfly punches. Somehow foam dimensionals didn't really work with this card so I cut the 4 small squares 3 times each to give them more of a chipboard feel. The punched butterflies are adhered in the center only with the wings bent up and the bodies are adorned with adhesive beads. "Remember" is a metal adhesive sticker that I colored black with a permanent marker. There's a bit of a glare in the picture on it because it's shiny, but that worked really well.

Again, the beautiful sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe "I Have Faith in You", a set of 12 lovely sentiments that is Regina is offering free for a limited time. Click HERE for details. She also has some .99 specials and a fabulous new wedding set so be sure to browse a bit.




15 comments:

  1. Wow Donna this is my new favorite black & white card - absolutely breath-taking...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna beautiful...just beautiful... I will have to remember the sentiment and make a card for my daughter for starting her new "grown up" job.... that will be just perfect!!

    I love love love your work...I may just be your number 1 fan.

    hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my ditto to what everyone else said, i am a big fan of yours to...this is stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the black and white are stunning and all the detail, way to go. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Donna!! It is just stunning, so sorry you missed the deadline, but at least you did a very lovely and elegant card. TFS

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, you have outdone yourself again.. what an elegant, stunning, beautiful card... what size did it turn out? I would so like to scrap lift it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Donna what an elegant stylish beautiful card! I love those papers and what you've created is truly stunning!
    hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZERS!!!!!! This is just so elegant and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna you have done again, such a beautiful card.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Donna, You know how much of a fan I am of your cards, well this is no exception, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it. Absolutely beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are beautiful, you and your bug do amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Donna! Such and elegant card!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is stunning Donna. So very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card is a WINNER in my book girl....it's just smashingly breath taking as Kris stated. I soo love the papers...and your design...but you know I am a HUGE fan of yours to begin with...everything you touch turns to gold...thanks for stoppin in this morning...have a happy weekend...hope to be around a little more...hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!