Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BBTB Indy Art Ice Cream Cone Challenge



This week at BBTB Regina asked us to use the ice cream cone from the Indie Art cartridge. I made a simple shape card using Design Studio and popped the layers for dimension. I decided on strawberry ice cream so I used the cute paper from the DCWV Nana's Kids Baby Girl matstack and used pink stickles to add some Martha Stewart mica flake glitter to make it look frosty. To add some texture to the cone I embossed both pieces with the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug folder.

Some of the designers were sent gorgeous hand crocheted flowers from Paper Blooms. I already had my own stash of these fabulous flowers so of course I included one on my card too. And now Leah is making beautiful butterflies as well! WooHoo! The sentiment tag is from The Cutting Cafe A to Z is for 24 piece downloadable printable stamp set. They are the perfect size to use your Stampin'Up label punch and Nesties, and there are 23 more fun sentiments to choose from, perfect for a whole variety of occasions. There is also a new contest going on over at BBTB where you can win some of these gorgeous Paper Blooms, and it just happens to require the word "yummy" to enter. Be sure to check out the rules HERE and also take a look at the YUMMY creations my DT sisters came up with this week.

10 comments:

  1. OMG that is the cutest!!! I love to see what you have created day to day. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just too pretty to eat! Love the strawberry paper and girly ribbons. Great use of the mica flake glitter and love how you attached the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo darling!!! The glitter makes it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous and looks good enough to eat! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, it IS toooo pretty to eat, all the fem details, the colors, just lovely. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! So nice! Great job.

    Thanks for visiting my blog & for your kind comment!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, a scrummy cone and love the topping
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVEEEEEEEE this! You know what I like about what you do...you take a cut that didnt look like it could be that cool and make it into something awesome! Provo Craft needs to hire you..I dont know what for, but something! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy doesn't even come close - this is the most delicious card in the world! I just love it!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!